Best Canberra hostels
"Located in Canberra City Centre, this hostel is within a 10-minute walk of Canberra Museum and Gallery, Canberra Centre and National Convention Centre. Commonwealth Park and Australian National University are also within 1 mile (2 km). "
Overall 8.0 Excellent
Based on 990 reviews
- All reviews
Top tips for finding the perfect Canberra hostel
- If you’re looking for a hostel in Canberra with great public transportation links, make a reservation at Dickson Central. This hostel, located in the heart of China Town, is 4.3 mi north of the city center. The Dickson Interchange light rail station is only 0.3 mi from the hostel, as is the Northbourne Av Opp Motor Registry bus stop, both of which run directly to central Canberra.
- When you want to be farther away from the city, stay at Canberra Carotel Motel, which is a 6.7 mi drive north of Canberra. Set in beautiful gardens in the shadow of Mount Majura, a 3.6 mi hike away, the motel offers a selection of apartments, cabins, and bungalows that come with dorm-style bunks.
- For groups and families, Canberra City YHA is the perfect hostel, as it offers guests access to a community kitchen, sauna, and an indoor swimming pool. There is also a games area, a rooftop barbecue area, and an underground bar that is great for large groups of all ages.
- If you are a solo traveler or backpacker on a budget, then you should look for a hostel in Canberra outside the city center. To the north of Canberra is Dickson Central, which offers affordable accommodations, including mixed-sex dormitories along with single and twin rooms. You can expect value for your money when you stay at this hostel that includes amenities like free continental breakfasts and Wi-Fi.
- If you are looking to check out the art and culture in the city, look for a hostel in Canberra that is served by the Culture Loop Shuttle Bus, like the Canberra City YHA. Culture vultures will be in their element and will have convenient access to all the cultural attractions that the city has to offer, including the National Museum of Australia, Canberra Museum and Gallery, and the National Film and Sound Archive, which are all no more than 45 min from the hostel.
Where to stay in Canberra?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Canberra by showing you the exact location of each hostel.