Good to know
|Distance to city centre||5.5 km|
|Distance to airport||24.4 km|
|"Very friendly staff, great location"||(in 176 reviews)|
|"Fabulous art collection and atmosphere"||(in 35 reviews)|
|"Location and staff both great."||(in 252 reviews)|
|"TV was also extremely dusty."||(in 8 reviews)|
|"Water pressure in shower was low."||(in 6 reviews)|
|"the bathroom was way too small!"||(in 4 reviews)|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
|art gallery||in 6 reviews|
|art work||in 52 reviews|
|boutique hotel||in 117 reviews|
|coffee machine||in 30 reviews|
|comfy bed||in 103 reviews|
|funky art||in 22 reviews|
|great atmosphere||in 5 reviews|
|great location||in 237 reviews|
|hot water||in 18 reviews|
|public transport||in 18 reviews|
|size room||in 14 reviews|
|st kilda||in 44 reviews|
|staff were friendly||in 303 reviews|
|standard room||in 228 reviews|
|suitcase up the stairs||in 4 reviews|
|tiny bathroom||in 10 reviews|
|tv signal||in 26 reviews|
|walk to st||in 43 reviews|
The place was amazing loved the art work and the age of the place I highly recommend this place because of the location 5 minute walk to the beach and 10 to acland at
The location to go to Albert park F1 track and st Kilda beach was good
The front step door didn’t work to go up stairs, had to walk all through the motel to go up then all the way back the other end to our room, half the TV channels didn’t work and had no cable channels
1. Run down & nothing like the photos which we're told were taken a while ago. Other parts we were told have begun to be refurbished. 2. Paint peeling, curtain broken, shabby old furniture, dirty. 3. Spongy bed 4. Pillows appeared well used like pancakes. Found it very difficult to sleep and woke with aches. 5. Leaking shower - shower was either all hot or all cold. Once you turned the cold tap, the hot water stopped. 6. The shower was on water saver, it was more like showing with a spray bottle as there was so little water from the fawcett. 7. Had to clean the water container of the nespresso machine with a sterilized wipe - it was brown with dirt. 8. Only got face washers the first night which was taken the next day during room cleaning but not replaced, after that the cleaners said they had none. 9. Room not cleaned the fifth day, even though the cleaners were cleaning other rooms on the floor. So we ran out of toilet roll and shampoo. 10. On arrival there was about 10 sheets of tissues in the large box of 220. 11. Air-conditioned would turn on and off, such that the room would be either very cold then become quite warm. 12. On arrival there were three separate groups of drunks with alcohol lying on the street outside the hotel. Inside at reception was an oddly behaving man and woman, he liked like he was homeless, we later saw they were locals who live on the streets. 13. There were many homeless people living in the streets opposite and around this hotel. One was very aggressive and agitated. 14. We got one coffee capsule each to last the five day stay - so we had to buy our own, along with busy wash, shampoo & face washers. 15. Wiring looked unprofessional & exposed.
The 2 bedroom suite with balcony provided our family of four with excellent space and we all felt relaxed here. Our suite was clean although a little worn. The location was fantastic - in the heart of St Kilda (short walk from the beach) with a tram out the front to take you Into the CBD. The $10 parking around the corner in a safe indoor parking facility was also great. It’s a unique hotel with a creative vibe. It is not the Marriott so if a global one-size-fits-all approach is more your style then this hotel will probably not suit. We recommend the hotel to savvy travellers and will be back.
Great space & location
Great Location in the heart of fitzroy Street St Kilda - chef parking across the road & access to tram to city BWS Metro Supermarket coffee shops & restaurants & Pubs - good place to stay if you just need a bed to crash
Tolarno is a bit dated but if you get by that, it really works. Yes the corridor smells different but it reflects the new carpet - and there is no lift so that was bit tiff given 2 levels to carry luggage. They serviced the room for us but the kids forgot supply extra toilet paper shampoo & conditioner
With a stay at Tolarno Hotel in St Kilda, you'll be on the Strip, within a 15-minute walk of St Kilda Pier and St Kilda Beach. Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and express check-in. Planning an event in St Kilda? This hotel has facilities measuring 1076 square feet (100 square meters), including a conference center. A roundtrip airport shuttle is available for a surcharge.
based on 1,377 reviews
Things to know
- Friendly atmosphere
Policies vary by room type and provider.
FAQs when booking at Tolarno Hotel
Where is Tolarno Hotel located?
Tolarno Hotel is located at 42 Fitzroy Street, 5.5 km from the centre of Melbourne. Shrine of Remembrance is the closest landmark to Tolarno Hotel.
When is check-in time and check-out time at Tolarno Hotel?
Check-in time is 14:00 and check-out time is 11:00 at Tolarno Hotel.
Does Tolarno Hotel offer free Wi-Fi?
Yes, Tolarno Hotel offers free Wi-Fi.
Does Tolarno Hotel offer free parking?
No, Tolarno Hotel does not offer free parking.
Does Tolarno Hotel offer free airport shuttle service?
No, Tolarno Hotel does not offer free airport shuttle service.
How far is Tolarno Hotel from the airport?
Tolarno Hotel is 16.1 km from Melbourne Essendon. Tolarno Hotel is 24.4 km from Melbourne.
Can you bring pets to Tolarno Hotel?
No, pets are not allowed at Tolarno Hotel.
Does Tolarno Hotel have a pool?
No, Tolarno Hotel does not have a pool on-site.
Reviews about Tolarno Hotel
Most popular landmarks
- Shrine of Remembrance 3.3 km
- Royal Botanic Gardens 3.4 km
- National Gallery of Victoria 4.2 km
- Melbourne Arts Centre 4.4 km
- Eureka Tower 4.4 km
- Melbourne Cricket Ground 4.5 km
|Melbourne Essendon||16.1 km|
|Melbourne Southern Cross||5.3 km|