Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Wellington
Compare vs KAYAK |
Good to know
|May||Cheapest month to stay with an average 32% drop in price.|
|February||Most expensive month to stay with an average 46% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|$141||Average Sun. - Thu. price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|$158||Average Fri. & Sat. price over the last 2 weeks.|
How much is a Wellington hotel?Here are our most popular & best value hotels
2 stars and below
Top tips for finding the perfect Wellington hotel
- When you visit Wellington, consider staying at the Rydges Wellington, a luxury hotel in the heart of the city. The rooms have splendid views of the city as well as of the harbour. It is walking distance to Lambton Quay, Westpac Stadium, government buildings and the railway station. The Botanical Gardens, Te Papa Museum and the cable car are no more than a 5-minute walk away. They have the award-winning restaurant, Portlander Bar & Grill, right on-site.
- If you’re on a business-trip, consider staying at the Grand Mercure Wellington, a conveniently located 5-star hotel. It has 8 meeting rooms with a capacity of 160 attendees. It is well-equipped with audio/video technology and a conference team to help you with your event or meeting. The central city businesses are accessible by foot, car and public transport from here.
- For those who want to be close to the beach, the QT Museum Wellington hotel is an excellent choice. This artsy design hotel has a creative ambience and is just an 8-minute walk to the beach. It is located on Wellington’s waterfront and houses a huge collection of New Zealand’s contemporary art.
- There are a few centrally located budget hotels in Wellington a swell, like the Thorndon Hotel Wellington, a 3-star property. Guests can use the nearby City Fitness Gym for free. The hotel is within walking distance from the waterfront dining area. The Travelodge Hotel Wellington is another reasonably priced hotel very close to the Wellington cable car and the central business district.
- If you would like to stay at a hotel close to outdoor activities, then consider staying at the Bolton Hotel in central Wellington. You can rent bicycles at a nearby shop, or go sailing, hiking or biking along the trails, golfing, kayaking, partake in an ecotour or go surfing, just to name a few of your recreational options.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Wellington
Are hotels in Wellington safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
What are the best hotels near Westpac Stadium?
How much does a hotel cost in Wellington?
Which hotels in Wellington have a good spa?
Are there any hotels in Wellington with facilities for the disabled?
Are there any hotels in Wellington that provide infant beds and extra roll-away beds for children?
Which hotels in Wellington are close to the Wellington International Airport?
How much is a hotel in Wellington for this weekend?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Wellington?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Wellington by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Wellington hotels
Go to map