Good to know
|Distance to city centre||0.6 km|
|Distance to airport||7.1 km|
|"Price was good for value."||(in 6 reviews)|
|"Staff were very friendly."||(in 49 reviews)|
|"And the location is great."||(in 27 reviews)|
|"Very noisy, sound insulation is poor."||(in 7 reviews)|
|"Wasn't told about the breakfast"||(in 5 reviews)|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
|beds clean||in 36 reviews|
|breakfast included||in 22 reviews|
|flushing properly||in 6 reviews|
|good location||in 30 reviews|
|great staff||in 56 reviews|
|hot water||in 9 reviews|
|insulation is poor||in 7 reviews|
|limits||in 3 reviews|
|living room||in 56 reviews|
|major road||in 13 reviews|
|nice touch||in 8 reviews|
|night stay||in 22 reviews|
|oz||in 5 reviews|
|peanut butter||in 5 reviews|
|rudeness||in 3 reviews|
|showers and toilets||in 9 reviews|
|toilet cubicle||in 7 reviews|
|value for money||in 11 reviews|
This hostel is sister hostel of The Backpackers OZ which is across the road. So you need to check in at The Backpackers OZ. This hostel is more quiet than OZ. And I think there aren’t many people who use kitchen. So you can be free to use kitchen. Reasonable and good location. You can walk to center of city in 10 minutes.
Kitchen and shower room weren’t clean enough.
+ Very close to the city center + Staff was friendly and willing to solve problems, if possible
- The bed sheets and the pillow cases get changed when a new guest comes, but the actual BLANKET DOESN'T GET CHANGED (since it gets cold during night time, you can't just cover yourself with the thin sheet; you will need the warm blanket; I know you're supposed to put the warm blanket on top of the sheet, so it doesn't actually touch you, but skin contact can't be avoided when you're asleep; for hygiene reasons I find that very critical) -> Maybe you can put a case around the blanket (just like there's one around the pillow) and change that after every guest?! If you don't want to increase the laundry, you could replace the cover sheet with the case for the blanket?! And in case you want to save time for the cleaning staff, the guests could put the blanket cover on themselves?! - Shared bathroom (I booked an all girl room and the bathroom outside was for men and women) - Dirty bathroom and kitchen (I know this has a lot to do with how the guests leave those areas, but on the kitchen floor - epecially between the stove and kitchen cupboard - was dirt that has been there for a couple of weeks) - All sockets in our room stopped working for one night (all people in the room had a flat phone when leaving the accomodation; when I talked to the staff in the morning they were really friendly and solved the issue though)
Well-located place. You could walk anywhere or catch public transport to other suburbs. Facilities were also clean, and staff were friendly. Benefits outweigh the negatives.
Bed in our room (2) was springy and dipped in the middle.
Central location, and spacious room with clean facilities. Bed was comfortable.
Great location and very chill place
I didn’t have anything that really bothered me.
Located in Adelaide (Adelaide Central Business District), The Guesthouse - Hostel is within a 15-minute walk of Victoria Square and Adelaide Central Market. Featured amenities include luggage storage and laundry facilities.
based on 303 reviews
Things to know
- Near city centre
- Friendly service
- Clean facilities
Policies vary by room type and provider.
FAQs when booking at The Guest House
Where is The Guest House located?
The Guest House is located at 134 Wakefield Street in Adelaide CBD, 0.6 km from the centre of Adelaide. Victoria Square is the closest landmark to The Guest House.
When is check-in time and check-out time at The Guest House?
Check-in time is 13:00 and check-out time is 10:00 at The Guest House.
Does The Guest House offer free Wi-Fi?
Yes, The Guest House offers free Wi-Fi.
Does The Guest House offer free parking?
No, The Guest House does not offer free parking.
Does The Guest House offer free airport shuttle service?
No, The Guest House does not offer free airport shuttle service.
How far is The Guest House from the airport?
The Guest House is 7.1 km from Adelaide. The Guest House is 131.3 km from Kingscote.
Can you bring pets to The Guest House?
No, pets are not allowed at The Guest House.
Does The Guest House have a pool?
No, The Guest House does not have a pool on-site.
Reviews about The Guest House
Most popular landmarks
- Victoria Square 0.6 km
- Rundle Mall 0.7 km
- Adelaide Central Market 0.8 km
- University of Adelaide 0.8 km
- Art Gallery of South Australia 0.9 km
- South Australian Museum 0.9 km