Kota Kinabalu hotels
Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Kota Kinabalu
Compare vs KAYAK |
Good to know
|October||Cheapest month to stay with an average 13% drop in price.|
|January||Most expensive month to stay with an average 61% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|$75||Average Sun. - Thu. price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|$69||Average Fri. & Sat. price over the last 2 weeks.|
How much is a Kota Kinabalu hotel?Here are our most popular & best value hotels
2 stars and below
Top tips for finding the perfect Kota Kinabalu hotel deal
- One of the main landmarks in Kota Kinabalu is the Atkinson Clock Tower, which offers spectacular views over the rest of the city. A stay at Hotel Sixty3 or the Jesselton Hotel, both 3-star properties, will place you about 10min walking distance from the clock tower.
- The Green Connection Aquarium is a must-see for any nature lovers interested in marine life. If visiting the aquarium, consider a stay at Dreamtel, a 3-star accommodation about 15min drive away. Good for families and friends, the property also features a restaurant, room service, laundry facilities and business centre.
- Pick up some local souvenirs at Kota Kinabalu Handicraft Market, also known as Pasar Filipino, which sits along the waterfront. The Hyatt Regency is one of the best 5-star hotels in Kota Kinabalu, also situated by the water. As well as its prime location, guests can make use of a stunning swimming pool, spa and fitness centre.
- Hike the tallest mountain in Southeast Asia and one of the highest in the world – Mount Kinabalu. Prepare for your multi-day trip or recover afterwards by staying at a spa hotel in Kota Kinabalu like Le Meridien. The 5-star property has a luxurious vibe, featuring a pool, spa and fitness centre, making it the perfect destination to relax and refresh.
- Discover over 5,000 plant species in Mount Kinabalu Park Botanical Garden. Located about 2h drive from the city centre, look for a hotel on the outskirts of the city in Inanam. The ibis Styles, for instance, provides good access to the highway as well as local shopping and dining areas. Other amenities include a fitness centre, bar and restaurant.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Kota Kinabalu
Are hotels in Kota Kinabalu safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
What are the best hotels near Plaza Wawasan?
How much does a hotel cost in Kota Kinabalu?
Where is good to stay in Kota Kinabalu for history and culture?
Where should I stay in Kota Kinabalu with kids?
Where can I find a luxury hotel in Kota Kinabalu?
Where is best to stay in Kota Kinabalu to be near the airport?
How do I find a hotel in central Kota Kinabalu?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Kota Kinabalu?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Kota Kinabalu by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Kota Kinabalu hotels
Go to map