Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Auckland
Good to know
|Average price (weeknight):||$160|
|Average price (weekend night):||$149|
cheapest month to stay
expected price decrease
most expensive time to stay
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Sun. - Thu.
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Fri. & Sat.
How much does a hotel in Auckland cost?
Top tips for finding the perfect Auckland hotel
- For those who enjoy high-thrill activities and would like to see Auckland from a new perspective, select a hotel next to the Sky Tower, a 60-story observation tower that offers the choice of bungee jumping and has a revolving restaurant. The SKYCITY Hotel is a great choice that is only a 2-minute walk from the building and is across the street from the local convention centre.
- If you are interested in history, choose one of the many hotels located next to the Auckland War Memorial Museum, such as the affordable Parnell Pines Hotel. This museum contains a variety of exhibits connected to the New Zealand armed forces, as well as artefacts related to the region’s history.
- Hoping to do some shopping during your trip to Auckland? If so, pick a hotel located on Queen Street, such as the fashionable Hotel Grand Windsor. Queen Street is well-known for having a high concentration of shops and boutiques, including stores like Miss Smith’s Closet and Marbecks.
- For visitors who are art enthusiasts, book a hotel near the Auckland Art Gallery Toi o Tāmaki, a museum set in a building that dates back to the 1800s and features both national and international pieces. The Scenic Hotel Auckland is a 4-star choice that is only a 6-minute walk from the gallery.
- If you are visiting Auckland with your family, choose a hotel near Rainbow's End, a kid-friendly amusement park that contains many rides, roller coasters, and games. The Rayland Motel is a budget choice that is only a 7-minute walk from the park and a 12-minute walk from the Vodafone Events Centre.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Auckland
Where to stay in Auckland?
Hotels in Meadowbank, Manukau, and near Viaduct Harbour have the most searches on KAYAK.
What are the best hotels near Viaduct Harbour?
Travellers who like staying near Viaduct Harbour recommend Hilton Auckland, Stamford Plaza Auckland, and Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour.
Are there hotels in Auckland with a free airport shuttle?
The Auckland Airport Kiwi Hotel is less than a 10-minute drive from downtown Auckland and offers many free amenities, including airport shuttle service and complimentary breakfast. The Holiday Inn is a standard 4-star choice that is only a 10-minute drive from the Stardome Observatory and offers both parking and an airport shuttle service.
Which hotels in Auckland have a good view?
The M Social Auckland is a trendy hotel that is located in Princes Wharf and offers a selection of rooms that provide views of the city’s harbour. The Lighter Quay is a standard choice that is located in the Wynyard Quarter and also has rooms that look out onto the water.
What are good hotels in Auckland near Albert Park?
The Frienz Backpackers is a budget-friendly choice that is a 2-minute walk from Albert Park and is located directly in the city centre. The Braemar on Parliament Street is a 4-star hotel that is a 3-minute walk from Albert Park and a 10-minute walk from the Britomart train station.
What are good hotels in Auckland near the New Zealand Maritime Museum?
The Hilton is a 5-star hotel that is only a 4-minute walk from the museum and is located directly on the waterfront. The Sofitel Auckland is directly across from the harbour and is a 7-minute walk from the New Zealand Maritime Museum.
How can I find hotels near me?
Take a look at our extensive hotel Heatmaps to find the best hotels near you.