Port Douglas hotels
Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Port Douglas
Good to know
|Average price (weeknight):||$281|
|Average price (weekend night):||$332|
cheapest month to stay
expected price decrease
most expensive time to stay
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Sun. - Thu.
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Fri. & Sat.
How much does a hotel in Port Douglas cost?
Top tips for finding the perfect Port Douglas hotel
- First-timers in Port Douglas might like to book a hotel on the beachfront, such as the Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Fort Douglas, a high-end resort on Four Mile Beach. Set in vast tropical gardens, it has multiple saltwater lagoon pools, an 18-hole golf course and offers easy access to the Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest. Rooms, suites and villas all have nice views, and some even have private balconies and swim-up entrances.
- If you’re on a budget, stay at Dougies Backpackers Resort Port Douglas, which is set on large grounds with tropical plants and poolside hammocks. Guests can choose from shared or private rooms of varying sizes, plus cabins or glamping tents. Features include a pool, bar, shop, kitchen, laundry facilities, bikes for hire and a tour desk. It’s 1.6 kilometres from the town centre and 300 metres from the beach.
- For luxury travellers, the elegant Pullman Port Douglas Sea Temple Resort and Spa is a prime choice. The hotel has a 3000-square-metre pool, with the option of swim-out apartments and apartments with plunge pools, as well as rooms and penthouses. The spa offers a wide choice of massages and beauty treatments. Port Douglas’ centre is a 45-minute walk away, or guests can take the free shuttle. Four Mile Beach, on the other hand, is merely a 4-minute walk away.
- For guests in search of family-friendly hotels, Club Tropical Resort comprises studios and apartments suitable for families. Each open-plan apartment has air conditioning and a kitchenette with a microwave, stove top and fridge. There’s an on-site pool, sauna and barbeque area as well as a tour desk. Club Tropical Resort is a 5-minute walk from Four Mile Beach and Reef Marina.
- If you’re in Port Douglas on business and you’d like a hotel with a meeting room, book a stay at the Regal Port Douglas, which has an air conditioned conference room with space for up to 8 people. The resort also has a library and a lounge with free Wi-Fi. The hotel is a 4-minute walk from Four Mile Beach.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Port Douglas
How much does a hotel cost in Port Douglas?
KAYAK users have found double rooms in Port Douglas for as cheap as $66 in the last 3 days. The average price is $220.
Are there any hotels in Port Douglas with facilities for disabled travellers?
For travellers in need of hotels in Port Douglas with disabled access, choose the Ramada Resort Wyndham Port Douglas. The hotel has fully accessible, spacious rooms, and the rest of the resort is wheelchair accessible with ramps throughout. All rooms have flat-screen TVs and tea and coffee-making facilities. The hotel is a 5-minute drive to the centre of Port Douglas, and there’s a shuttle service available for guests as well.
Do any hotels in Port Douglas have a good on-site restaurant?
If you’re looking for hotels in Port Douglas with good restaurants, stay at QT Port Douglas, a vibrant boutique hotel with a popular restaurant called Bazaar serving a tasty international buffet. The hotel also serves High Tea (booking necessary) and there’s an alfresco restaurant, Estilo Lounge with a la carte options. Rooms have LCD TVs and private patios or balconies with garden or pool views. The hotel also runs a Moonlight Cinema, showing films for guests outdoors.
Which hotels in Port Douglas are adults only?
If you’d like a romantic or quiet stay at hotels in Port Douglas, book a room at Port Douglas Peninsula Boutique Hotel. The hotel is a 2-minute walk from the town centre and just 40 metres from Four Mile Beach. Its 34 beachfront suites all have sea views and balconies, with a free buffet breakfast and free Wi-Fi included.
Are there any hotels in Port Douglas with free parking?
For travellers in need of hotels in Port Douglas with free parking, Mantra PortSea is a comfortable four-star hotel with free on-site parking. Facilities comprise a pool, tennis courts and spa. Guests can choose from rooms or 1- to 2-bedroom apartments. The hotel is 1 kilometre from the city centre.
How can I find hotels near me?
Take a look at our extensive hotel Heatmaps to find the best hotels near you.