Find cheap flights to Cairns
Good to know
|March||Best time to beat the crowds (3% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (5% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|$263||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Cairns
- Looking for cheap airfare to Cairns? 25% of our users found return tickets to Cairns for the following prices or less: From Brisbane $152, from Sydney Kingsford Smith $222, from Melbourne $264
- Book at least 4 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Cairns is March.
- There are two terminals in Cairns Airport: Terminal 1 serves the international routes and Terminal 2 the domestic travellers. If you are continuing your journey from Cairns Airport, the easiest way to get between the two terminals is to walk. It takes about 10 minutes and all you need to do is to follow the Green Line.
- If you find yourself in transit at Cairns Airport, there are three premium passenger lounges. Terminal 1 has a passenger lounge run by Cathay Pacific, whereas Terminal 2 has lounges for Virgin Australia and Qantas not far from Gate 20. If you have a membership, these places are great spots to relax and enjoy complimentary tea and coffee.
- Cairns Airport is a popular place to fly into for those travelling through the north of Queensland. It is one of the major gateways to the Great Barrier Reef and you can find many reef tours setting sail from the marina. For those looking to head to Port Douglass, this is only an hour away from Cairns Airport. You can either drive up the coast in a rental car (available from the airport) or catch the Queensland Rail link.
- For those looking for additional assistance with their luggage, you can book a porterage service in advance through the airport website. There are also trolleys available in Terminals 1 and 3 for $3 each. Finally, for those only in Cairns for the day, you can store your luggage at the airport in the lockers located opposite the T2 car park service kiosk.
- Are you getting picked up at the airport? You can direct your driver to the new standby zone between Terminals 1 and 2 on Gypsy Moth Drive, a safe and free waiting area where they can stop their car for up to 30 minutes to pick you up, instead of circling the airport as you pass through baggage collection.
FAQs - booking Cairns flights
How long is the flight to Cairns?
What is the cheapest flight to Cairns?
Which airlines fly to Cairns?
How far is Cairns airport from central Cairns?
What is the name of Cairns’s airport?
How can you travel into Cairns from the airport?
What shopping options are there at Cairns Airport?
Which hotels are near to Cairns Airport?
What are some of the dining options at Cairns Airport?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 4 airlines flying to Cairns
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Flights to Cairns (Return)
Book Cheap Flights to Cairns (One-way)
Look for other cheap flights to Cairns
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.