Find cheap flights to London
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
Top tips for finding cheap flights to London
- Looking for cheap airfare to London? 25% of our users found return tickets to London for the following prices or less: From Melbourne $1,136, from Brisbane $1,209, from Sydney Kingsford Smith $1,356
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be May, June and July. The cheapest month to fly to London is February.
- Planning a flight to London? It has five airports so make sure you know which one you are landing at. Those flying with a major airline will probably land at London Heathrow Airport, which is the largest and located close to the city centre. London Gatwick is the second busiest airport in London and is located south of the city, while London City Airport is on the east side and served by a limited number of airlines. London Luton and London Stansted, both north of London, are primarily served by low-cost airlines like Ryanair and easyJet.
- For families travelling to London with small children, Heathrow and Gatwick airports offer numerous useful services. Apart from playgrounds, both airports have many family-friendly places to eat, which have high chairs and menus for children. Those who are travelling with babies will find nursing and baby changing facilities.
- People who have flights to London planned can rest assured that they will be able to connect to free Wi-Fi at all London airports. Passengers waiting at London Heathrow and London City Airport can enjoy free Internet for an unlimited amount of time. At London Gatwick Airport the free Wi-Fi connection is limited to 90 minutes, while London Stansted and London Luton provide it for 4 hours.
- People who love to shop will be thrilled to be at London Heathrow Airport, as it is well known for having a plethora of shops including famous brands such as Dior and Chanel. It is also possible to book a meeting with a personal assistant who will give advice and present the best shopping deals.
- Forgot to exchange money before your flight to London? No worries – you will easily find numerous ATMs and currency exchange counters at all London airports.
FAQs - booking London flights
How long is the flight to London?
What is the cheapest flight to London?
The cheapest airline ticket to London from Australia in the last 72 hours was $983 return on the route Melbourne to London. The most popular route is Sydney to London and the cheapest ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was $1,197 return.
Which airlines fly to London?
In general from Australia, Qantas Airways flies the most to London.
Which London airport is closest to central London?
London is served by 6 major airports. London City (12 kilometres) is the closest to the centre of London, London Heathrow Airport is 23 kilometres from the centre, London Gatwick Airport is 38 kilometres from the centre, London Luton Airport is 45 kilometres from the centre, London Stansted Airport is 50 kilometres from the centre and London Southend is 57 kilometres away from the centre. View on map.
Is there a hotel at London Gatwick Airport?
There are six hotels located on London Gatwick Airport’s grounds so everyone should find a hotel that suits their needs and budget. Sofitel London Gatwick, Premier Inn and Hampton by Hilton are located in the North Terminal, while Hilton London Gatwick, BLOCK and YOTELAIR are in the South Terminal.
Should I choose London Heathrow Airport or London Stansted Airport?
If you are staying in Central London then London Heathrow Airport is a more convenient option as its location closer to the city allows you a faster and cheaper transfer; the airport also has more facilities due to its large number of passengers. On the other hand, London Stansted Airport is much less crowded, served by low-cost airlines and easily accessible by train and bus, so if you don’t mind a longer transfer or are staying in the northern part of London then Stansted Airport is a good option.
Can I rent a car at London Luton Airport?
Yes, you can rent a car at the Car Hire Centre located in the arrivals area; you can reach the centre via a free shuttle from the airport. To get the best deal it is recommended to book the car online before your flight to London.
How do I get to Central London from London City Airport?
As London City Airport is situated in the city, it is very easy to get to Central London quickly via the DLR trains that depart every 10 minutes. The trains are well connected to the metro so if necessary you can easily change in the centre to reach your final destination.
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool uses historical data to determine whether the price for a given destination and date is likely to change within 7 days, so travellers know whether to wait or book now.
Book Cheap Flights to London(Return)
Pros: Yes indeed. Polite and listening.
Cons: Snacks at the beginning, dessert, and inflight duty free.
Cons: The food.
Pros: On time, early
Look for other cheap flights to London
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.