Find cheap flights to London
Good to know
|October||Best time to beat the crowds (3% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (9% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|$1,034||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to London
- Looking for cheap airfare to London? 25% of our users found return tickets to London for the following prices or less: From Brisbane $1,152, from Melbourne $1,162, from Sydney Kingsford Smith $1,215
- Book at least 5 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to London is October.
- Planning a flight to London? It has five airports so make sure you know which one you are landing at. Those flying with a major airline will probably land at London Heathrow Airport, which is the largest and located close to the city centre. London Gatwick is the second busiest airport in London and is located south of the city, while London City Airport is on the east side and served by a limited number of airlines. London Luton and London Stansted, both north of London, are primarily served by low-cost airlines like Ryanair and easyJet.
- For families travelling to London with small children, Heathrow and Gatwick airports offer numerous useful services. Apart from playgrounds, both airports have many family-friendly places to eat, which have high chairs and menus for children. Those who are travelling with babies will find nursing and baby changing facilities.
- People who have flights to London planned can rest assured that they will be able to connect to free Wi-Fi at all London airports. Passengers waiting at London Heathrow and London City Airport can enjoy free Internet for an unlimited amount of time. At London Gatwick Airport the free Wi-Fi connection is limited to 90 minutes, while London Stansted and London Luton provide it for 4 hours.
- People who love to shop will be thrilled to be at London Heathrow Airport, as it is well known for having a plethora of shops including famous brands such as Dior and Chanel. It is also possible to book a meeting with a personal assistant who will give advice and present the best shopping deals.
- Forgot to exchange money before your flight to London? No worries – you will easily find numerous ATMs and currency exchange counters at all London airports.
FAQs - booking London flights
What is the cheapest flight to London?
Which London airport is closest to central London?
Is there a hotel at London Gatwick Airport?
Should I choose London Heathrow Airport or London Stansted Airport?
Can I rent a car at London Luton Airport?
How do I get to Central London from London City Airport?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to London
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Flights to London (Return)
Book Cheap Flights to London (One-way)
Flights to London
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.