Find cheap flights to London Gatwick Airport
Book Cheap Flights to London Gatwick Airport(Return)
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
Top tips for finding cheap flights to London Gatwick Airport
- Looking for cheap airfare to London Gatwick Airport? 25% of our users found return tickets to London Gatwick Airport for the following prices or less: From Brisbane $1,267, from Melbourne $2,173
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be May, June and July. The cheapest month to fly to London Gatwick Airport is February.
- If you need to store your luggage at the London City Airport (LCY), there is a storage facility available for about £ 10 (A$ 20) per item per day. To use, log the items with the Information Desk then take the receipt and bags to the Left Luggage room in Security Zone A.
- Passenger Service Assistants are available throughout London Luton Airport (LTN) to help with emergencies, answer any questions, or offer directions. They’re easy to spot in their bright yellow uniforms.
- If you require additional assistance at the London Stansted Airport (STN), you can contact the airport to request Omniserv assistance. Upon arrival, you will be picked up from your flight by a minibus and taken to the Assistance lobby and through a priority immigration line.
- To help you speed through the airport, you can reserve access to the Premium Passport Control line at Gatwick Airport (LGW), available to all passport holders. Prices start at around £ 10 (A$ 20) per person.
- Travelling between terminals at Heathrow Airport (LHR) can be a pleasant walk, especially when you’re taking advantage of the underpass travelators. Alternatively, there are free shuttle trains between Terminals 2 and 4. However, you will need an inter-terminal transfer ticket to use it.
- Flying to London Heathrow is a good way to reach some of the other cities in the UK, since it offers many domestic flights to cities such as Birmingham and Bristol, and there's an easy train access to London King's Cross St. Pancras, the biggest train station in the capital. From there, you can get a train to Brighton, for instance, to enjoy a bit of the English seaside. If you want to visit Oxford and Cambridge, however, the better alternative is flying into Luton Airport.
FAQs - booking London Gatwick Airport flights
How long is the flight to London Gatwick Airport?
What is the cheapest flight to London Gatwick Airport?
The cheapest airline ticket to London Gatwick Airport from Australia in the last 72 hours was $1,138 return on the route Sydney to London Gatwick Airport. The most popular route is Melbourne to London Gatwick Airport and the cheapest ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was $1,381 return.
How far is London Gatwick Airport airport from central London?
London Gatwick Airport is 38 kilometres from the centre of London. View on map.
Where can I purchase some currency at the London Airport?
If you need to pick up British pounds after your flight to London, you can find companies Moneycorp and Fourex in the London Southend Airport (SEN). Fourex is a self-service kiosk open 24h with minimal currency exchange fees. For those flying into Heathrow or Gatwick, there are Travelex counters throughout the airports. You can even reserve cash for purchase before you arrive.
How many airports does London have?
London has six airports that you can fly into. The closest to the city is London City Airport (LCY), about 30min away; while Luton Airport (LTN) and Stansted Airport (STN) are further north, about 1h 15min. London Southend Airport (SEN) is out east in Southend-on-sea, Gatwick Airport (LGW) is to the south, and Heathrow Airport (LHR) is out west (all about 1h away). The largest airports are Heathrow and Gatwick, and London City Airport generally caters to business fliers.
How do I get to London from the London Airport?
Those flying into Heathrow Airport can catch the London Underground Piccadilly Line from the Airport Station to central stations such as Piccadilly Circus. You can find two train stations at the airport – one outside Terminals 2 and 3, and one outside Terminals 4 and 5. If you’re flying into Gatwick, the Gatwick Express train will take you to Victoria Station in Westminster.
Is there anything to eat at the London Airport?
If you need a bite after your long flight to London, you can find Costa coffee or Caffe Nero chains at the arrivals area of every terminal in the London Heathrow Airport. The Market Gardner in Terminal 3 is a good option if you’re looking for a full meal. Costa can also be found in the arrivals areas of Gatwick Airport or you can find British style pubs such as The Nicholas Culpepper in the check-in area.
Do I need a visa to travel to London?
Those holding an Australian Passport will not need a visa to enter the UK provided they are travelling as a tourist. You can then stay in the UK for up to 6 months. Young Australians who are looking to stay longer or who wish to work in the UK can apply for a Youth Mobility Visa if you are between the ages 18 – 30. This visa will allow you to stay and work in the country for up to 2 years.
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool uses historical data to determine whether the price for a given destination and date is likely to change within 7 days, so travellers know whether to wait or book now.
Look for other cheap flights to London Gatwick Airport
- Flights »
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.