Find cheap flights to London Gatwick Airport
Good to know
|February||Best time to beat the crowds (4% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (8% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|$987||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to London Gatwick Airport
- Looking for cheap airfare to London Gatwick Airport? 25% of our users found return tickets to London Gatwick Airport for the following prices or less: From Sydney Kingsford Smith $1,155, from Melbourne $1,286, from Brisbane $1,291
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to London Gatwick Airport is February.
- If you need to store your luggage at the London City Airport (LCY), there is a storage facility available for about £ 10 (A$ 20) per item per day. To use, log the items with the Information Desk then take the receipt and bags to the Left Luggage room in Security Zone A.
- Passenger Service Assistants are available throughout London Luton Airport (LTN) to help with emergencies, answer any questions, or offer directions. They’re easy to spot in their bright yellow uniforms.
- If you require additional assistance at the London Stansted Airport (STN), you can contact the airport to request Omniserv assistance. Upon arrival, you will be picked up from your flight by a minibus and taken to the Assistance lobby and through a priority immigration line.
- To help you speed through the airport, you can reserve access to the Premium Passport Control line at Gatwick Airport (LGW), available to all passport holders. Prices start at around £ 10 (A$ 20) per person.
- Travelling between terminals at Heathrow Airport (LHR) can be a pleasant walk, especially when you’re taking advantage of the underpass travelators. Alternatively, there are free shuttle trains between Terminals 2 and 4. However, you will need an inter-terminal transfer ticket to use it.
- Flying to London Heathrow is a good way to reach some of the other cities in the UK, since it offers many domestic flights to cities such as Birmingham and Bristol, and there's an easy train access to London King's Cross St. Pancras, the biggest train station in the capital. From there, you can get a train to Brighton, for instance, to enjoy a bit of the English seaside. If you want to visit Oxford and Cambridge, however, the better alternative is flying into Luton Airport.
FAQs - booking London Gatwick Airport flights
What is the cheapest flight to London Gatwick Airport?
How far is London Gatwick Airport airport from central London?
Where can I purchase some currency at the London Airport?
How many airports does London have?
How do I get to London from the London Airport?
Is there anything to eat at the London Airport?
Do I need a visa to travel to London?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to London Gatwick
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Flights to London Gatwick Airport (Return)
Book Cheap Flights to London Gatwick Airport (One-way)
Look for other cheap flights to London Gatwick Airport
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.