Find cheap flights to Fiji
Book cheap flights to Fiji(Return)
Pros: We were given delay updates regularly, even when the delay time remained consistent.
Cons: We had to empty our water bottles prior to getting on board which felt like a waste of resources. If it is necessary to do so, maybe it would be beneficial for the staff to let us know why we have to dump clean water down the drain.
Pros: Liked that I was heading to Fiji for some nice vacation
Cons: A lot could have been better, the crew and captain didn’t know the immigration procedures for the United States, both flights late. Then also entertainment was quite lacking on a 7 hour international flight.
Latest Fiji Flight Deals
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Fiji
- Looking for cheap airfare to Fiji? 25% of our users found return tickets to Fiji for the following prices or less: From Melbourne $505, from Brisbane $529, from Adelaide $795
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be March, April and May. The cheapest month to fly to Fiji is May.
- Fiji is widely considered an island paradise, and with over 300 islands to explore, it is recommended to determine your specific destination in advance. A flight to Nadi International Airport (NAN) in Fiji would allow you to arrive in a centralized location. The airport is located near the coast of the regions main island, Viti Levu. This airport is also the main hub of the region.
- The second biggest airport in Fiji is the Nausori International Airport (SUV), located 23 km and a 45min drive away from the capital. The airport is a hub for Fiji Airways.
- If you are planning a flight to Fiji in hopes of exploring the cluster of islands, it would be best to plan your mode of transport prior to boarding your flight. The most popular mode of transport when venturing between islands is by bus, although there are plenty of flight options for travellers who are not entirely keen on lengthy bus rides. You will also be able to travel between islands by ferry.
- Nadi International Airport is conveniently located near several attractions, including the Garden of the Sleeping Giant, which hosts hiking trails, and the Sri Siva Subramaniya Swami, which is a renowned Hindu temple. The airport is situated close to a range of hotels and resorts.
- In order to enter Fiji, you will need to ensure you have a valid passport and a return ticket. When preparing for your trip from Australia to Fiji, it is also recommended to receive travel vaccines.
FAQs - booking Fiji flights
How long is the flight to Fiji?
The average direct flight from Australia to Fiji takes 16h 00m, covering a distance of 3529 km. The most popular route is Newcastle - Suva with an average flight time of 13h 00m.
What is the cheapest flight to Fiji?
The cheapest ticket to Fiji from Australia found in the last 72 hours was $558. The most popular route is Newcastle to Suva and the cheapest airline ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was $1,122.
What are the most popular destinations in Fiji?
Based on KAYAK flight searches, the most popular destination is Nadi (63% of total searches to Fiji). The next most popular destinations are Suva (34%) and Savusavu (2%). Searches for flights to Labasa (1%) and Taveuni Island (1%) are also popular.
I’m travelling to Fiji. What is the best island to visit?
Fiji is a budding tourist destination and as there are many island destinations to consider, you may be wondering where to start your getaway. Monuriki is widely considered the most beautiful island in Fiji, thanks to the popular Tom Hanks film—Castaway—that took place here. If you are hoping to travel to this famous Fiji island, booking a flight to Nadi International Airport would be best. Thereafter, you will be able to fly to the Mana Island Airstrip that is located near Monuriki island.
Are there any direct flights to Fiji?
Flights from Australia to Fiji are nonstop. When booking a flight from Sydney to Fiji, a 4h 45min direct flight can be expected, while a flight from Melbourne to Fiji will take roughly 6h. Connecting flights are also available from major Australian airports to Fiji.
Which Fiji airport is the closest to the capital city?
Nausori Airport (SUV/NFNA), also known as Luvuluvu, is located on the south-eastern side of Fiji as the region’s secondary international airport. This airport is situated 23 km from Suva, which is the regions capital city.
Where should I fly to in Fiji?
As there are two international airports located on either side of Fiji’s main island, Viti Levu, travellers are provided with the ultimate choice of destination. It would be wise to determine which islands you would like to explore as Monuriki and the Mamanuca Islands are located near Nadi International Airport (NAN) while Lamiti, Moturiki, Batiki, and Nairai Islands near Nausori International Airport (SUV/NFNA).
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool uses historical data to determine whether the price for a given destination and date is likely to change within 7 days, so travellers know whether to wait or book now.
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.