Find cheap flights to Auckland
Book Cheap Flights to Auckland(Return)
Cons: They lost my baggage payment fee before check in. They then charged me 200 dollars to check my bag even though I paid the fee online beforehand. I had the charge to prove it. When I called the company to discuss both charges, they refunded the pre-charge because the 200 fee was more. Avoid at all costs Also seat was unclean and flight was 1 hour delayed
Cons: We were shocked to be charged $275 for two checked bags. At the point that you are checking in you are trapped and don't have a choice but to pay it. We were told that if we had paid in advance it would be cheaper, but we didn't know what the weight of our bags would be so I just figured I'd pay at the airport. They didn't say that they charge so much more at the airport - which is a total rip off. We were also harassed by not having the email that showed we purchased an Australian Visa which is digitally tied to our passport. If they need to verify our Visa, then they should have the electronic means to verify it. Also, we were traveling from Sydney to Auckland so since we were leaving the country I'm not sure why they had to see our Australian Visa in the first place. We were already in the country!
Pros: We arrived safely and on time.
Cons: The pricing seems low when purchasing the ticket, but we were charged $45/bag for our carryon bags that could easily have fit in the overhead bins (and on a separate flight with another airline that is what we did). Seems like a money grab to charge for the carryon if it weighs more than 7g or whatever small amount. Just take that cost into account when booking your flight.
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Auckland
- Looking for cheap airfare to Auckland? 25% of our users found return tickets to Auckland for the following prices or less: From Melbourne $368, from Sydney Kingsford Smith $382, from Brisbane $431
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be June, July and August. The cheapest month to fly to Auckland is August.
- People who are hungry after their flight to Auckland and wish to have a meal as soon as they land will find a wide range of eateries at Auckland Airport. Glamp Grounds Bar & Kitchens has an extensive menu with something for people of all ages, including fries and wine. If you are in a hurry and want something quick, go for a Montreal-style bagel at quirky Best Ugly Bagels.
- If you are flying economy class and have a lot of spare time at Auckland Airport, consider buying a pass to access the Strata Lounge. Apart from a comfortable space, Strata Club members get complimentary newspapers, snacks, drinks, shower facilities and extended access to the Internet.
- For travellers who want catch up on their sleep immediately after a flight to Auckland, there are two hotels located just off the airport grounds. Novotel Auckland Airport and ibis budget Auckland Airport will both put you just a few steps away from the airport terminals.
- For parents travelling to Auckland with infants, Auckland Airport provides nursery rooms with cots and changing tables free of charge. Those travelling with toddlers can visit toyshops or pass the time at the airport’s Games Arcade & Rides Zone that is set up in the arrivals area and on the second level of the International Terminal.
- Those who want to surf the Internet or contact their loved ones after their flight to Auckland can connect to Auckland Airport’s free Wi-Fi for up to two hours; after that time you can either purchase more time or become a member of the Strata Club, which offers extended access to the Internet.
Look for other cheap flights to Auckland
- Flights »
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.