Find cheap flights to Auckland
Good to know
|August||Best time to beat the crowds (4% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (12% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|$337||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Auckland
- Looking for cheap airfare to Auckland? 25% of our users found return tickets to Auckland for the following prices or less: From Sydney Kingsford Smith $285, from Melbourne $294, from Brisbane $340
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Auckland is August.
- People who are hungry after their flight to Auckland and wish to have a meal as soon as they land will find a wide range of eateries at Auckland Airport. Glamp Grounds Bar & Kitchens has an extensive menu with something for people of all ages, including fries and wine. If you are in a hurry and want something quick, go for a Montreal-style bagel at quirky Best Ugly Bagels.
- If you are flying economy class and have a lot of spare time at Auckland Airport, consider buying a pass to access the Strata Lounge. Apart from a comfortable space, Strata Club members get complimentary newspapers, snacks, drinks, shower facilities and extended access to the Internet.
- For travellers who want catch up on their sleep immediately after a flight to Auckland, there are two hotels located just off the airport grounds. Novotel Auckland Airport and ibis budget Auckland Airport will both put you just a few steps away from the airport terminals.
- For parents travelling to Auckland with infants, Auckland Airport provides nursery rooms with cots and changing tables free of charge. Those travelling with toddlers can visit toyshops or pass the time at the airport’s Games Arcade & Rides Zone that is set up in the arrivals area and on the second level of the International Terminal.
- Those who want to surf the Internet or contact their loved ones after their flight to Auckland can connect to Auckland Airport’s free Wi-Fi for up to two hours; after that time you can either purchase more time or become a member of the Strata Club, which offers extended access to the Internet.
FAQs - booking Auckland flights
How long is the flight to Auckland?
What is the cheapest flight to Auckland?
Which airlines fly to Auckland?
How far is Auckland airport from central Auckland?
What is the name of Auckland’s airport?
What services and facilities are provided at Auckland Airport?
How do I get to central Auckland from Auckland Airport?
Can I rent a car at Auckland Airport?
What are the shopping options at Auckland Airport?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 3 airlines flying to Auckland Intl
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Flights to Auckland (Return)
Book Cheap Flights to Auckland (One-way)
Look for other cheap flights to Auckland
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.