SYD - AKL
Find cheap flights from Sydney to Auckland
Good to know
|August||Best time to beat the crowds (13% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (35% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|$295||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
When to book flights from Sydney to Auckland
Top tips for finding a cheap flight
- Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for $286 or less.
- The cheapest flight from Sydney to Auckland was found, on average, 56 days before departure.
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be November, December and January. The cheapest month to fly is August.
- Morning departure is around 51% more expensive than an evening flight, on average*.
- Auckland International Airport (NKL), or simply Auckland Airport, is the busiest airport in the country as well as its main gateway. Auckland Airport is also a hub for the regional air carriers Air New Zealand, Jetstar Airways and Virgin Australia, any of which you can choose if you are planning a flight from Sydney to Auckland.
- Interested in having something to eat before your flight from Sydney to Auckland? If you do, then you can pick from among the long list of choices at the airport’s international terminal. Before the security checkpoint, you can find Chicken Confidential, McDonald’s and the Oliver Brown chocolate café. BBQ Chicken, Beer Deluxe and Bridge Bar are three options to be found after the security gates.
- For those who have some time to spare or who simply wish to relax, you can make your way to Strata Lounge, which can be found past security in the international terminal at Sydney Airport and is available to all travellers, regardless of air carrier. Strata Lounge is open from 5 am - 1 am local time daily and you can enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi as well as international cuisine.
- If you’re having trouble negotiating your way around Sydney Kingsford Smith International Airport, then you can seek out the airport ambassadors in their distinctive bright blue jackets whose job it is to provide you with the information you need to help you on your way. There are also two information desks located around the domestic terminal and the international terminal
- For travelling to get to Sydney Airport, you can buy an Opal Card and take the Airport Link train from the city, while route 400 is the bus route that will take you to Terminals 1 and 3 from Bondi Junction and Ready2Go operates a private shuttle service to Terminal 2. Otherwise, you can get a ride or take a taxi.
FAQs for booking Sydney to Auckland flights
How long does a flight from Sydney to Auckland take?
How many flights are there between Sydney and Auckland?
Which airlines provide the cheapest flights from Sydney to Auckland?
Which airlines fly most frequently between Sydney and Auckland?
What’s the cheapest day of the week to fly from Sydney to Auckland?
Which airports will I be using when flying from Sydney to Auckland?
What hotels provide free airport shuttle in Auckland?
Are there family facilities at Auckland Airport?
Is there a place to park at Auckland Airport?
What cash exchange options are there at Auckland Airport?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 3 airlines serving Sydney Kingsford Smith to Auckland Intl
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights from Sydney to Auckland (return)
Book cheap flights from Sydney to Auckland (one-way)
Sydney - Auckland Flights
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.