Find cheap flights to Sydney
Book Cheap Flights to Sydney(Return)
Pros: Agents at the desk were much more friendly, however Jetstar's policies are self-serving and as such the agents are hard pressed to offer any kind of customer service.
Cons: No options for check in baggage when I purchased the ticket online, so baggage cost me $260 at check-in. Agents at the desk were extremely indifferent and borderline rude, overall extremely unhelpful. Airplane interior was dingy, seat cushions were worn down and flat, extremely limited leg space (I cannot stress enough how inadequate the leg space was), no entertainment. No complimentary drinks, not even water.
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Sydney
- Looking for cheap airfare to Sydney? 25% of our users found return tickets to Sydney for the following prices or less: From Melbourne $134, from Brisbane $175, from Perth $437
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be August, September and October. The cheapest month to fly to Sydney is February.
- Parents travelling to Sydney with their children do not have to worry about finding activities to entertain them while at Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport. Kids can spend a fun time at the airport’s play area or watch movies at the kids’ cinema in Terminal 1. There is also a separate security queue for families and a few parents’ rooms with changing tables, nursing zones and microwaves.
- If you are feeling sick or need medical care after your flight to Sydney, there is a pharmacy in every terminal and the Sydney Airport Medical Centre located in Terminal 1.
- People who would like to refresh and change their clothes between flights will find showers that are free of charge in Terminal 1 at Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport. The shower facilities are open from 3am to 11pm.
- Those who are flying economy class but want to have a peaceful rest, a quiet environment to work in or just a more comfortable setting to wait in can pay a fee to enter one of the lounges at Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport. The SkyTeam lounge, for example, offers complimentary drinks and food, magazines, Wi-Fi, TV, printing services and showers.
- Travellers who need to smoke after their flight to Sydney can do it in the specially set up smoking areas that are located outside the terminal buildings – smoking inside the airport is not allowed.
- People who need to exchange money after their flight to Sydney can do it at one of the Global Exchange currency exchange offices, which are open until 11pm. It is also possible to request the currency via their website at a more advantageous rate and later collect and pay for it at the airport.
FAQs - booking Sydney flights
How long is the flight to Sydney?
|Flights from Adelaide||2h 01m|
|Flights from Brisbane||1h 32m|
|Flights from Melbourne||1h 31m|
|Flights from Coolangatta||1h 24m|
|Flights from Perth||4h 32m|
What is the cheapest flight to Sydney?
The cheapest airline ticket to Sydney from Australia in the last 72 hours was $136 return on the route Melbourne to Sydney. The most popular route is Melbourne to Sydney and the cheapest ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was $148 return.
Which airlines fly to Sydney?
In general from Australia, Qantas Airways, Air New Zealand and Emirates fly the most to Sydney. The most popular route is from Melbourne, and Qantas Airways, Emirates & Air New Zealand fly this route the most.
How far is Sydney airport from central Sydney?
Sydney Airport is 7 kilometres from the centre of Sydney. View on map.
What is the name of Sydney’s airport?
Sydney is served by Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport, also commonly referred to as Kingsford Smith, Sydney, or simply Sydney Airport. The airport code is SYD.
What are the transportation options from Sydney Airport to Sydney?
There are numerous options for getting to Sydney from Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport depending on your budget and timeframe. The fastest mode of transport is the train that departs from the airport every 10 minutes and will get you to Sydney in approximately 15 minutes. If you prefer a more comfortable option, consider a shuttle, rideshare service or a taxi, though keep in mind that a taxi fare to the centre of Sydney will be quite expensive.
Is there baggage storage at Sydney Kingsford Smith?
If you are between flights and wish to store some of your things for a few hours, you can do it at the baggage storage service operated by Smarte Carte, which you will find in the arrivals zone at Terminal 1.
Is it possible to rent a car at Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport?
Yes, you can rent a car at Sydney Airport or book it in advance via the airport’s website, where you can also check rates and compare the available car rental agencies. Rental car points are situated in the arrivals zone in Terminal 1, but you can also pick the car up in front of the other terminals if you have pre-booked it.
Is there an on-site airport hotel at Sydney Airport?
Yes, people who are between flights or just want to catch up on sleep after their flight to Sydney can rent a room in Rydges Hotel Sydney Airport located in the airport’s Terminal 1. There are two other hotels in the area of Terminals 2 and 3: Mantra Hotel at Sydney Airport and the budget-friendly ibis Sydney Airport.
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool uses historical data to determine whether the price for a given destination and date is likely to change within 7 days, so travellers know whether to wait or book now.
Look for other cheap flights to Sydney
- Flights »
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.