Find cheap flights to Sydney
Good to know
|May||Best time to beat the crowds (3% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (7% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|$155||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Sydney
- Looking for cheap airfare to Sydney? 25% of our users found return tickets to Sydney for the following prices or less: From Brisbane $116, from Melbourne $117, from Perth $288
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Sydney is May.
- Parents travelling to Sydney with their children do not have to worry about finding activities to entertain them while at Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport. Kids can spend a fun time at the airport’s play area or watch movies at the kids’ cinema in Terminal 1. There is also a separate security queue for families and a few parents’ rooms with changing tables, nursing zones and microwaves.
- If you are feeling sick or need medical care after your flight to Sydney, there is a pharmacy in every terminal and the Sydney Airport Medical Centre located in Terminal 1.
- People who would like to refresh and change their clothes between flights will find showers that are free of charge in Terminal 1 at Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport. The shower facilities are open from 3am to 11pm.
- Those who are flying economy class but want to have a peaceful rest, a quiet environment to work in or just a more comfortable setting to wait in can pay a fee to enter one of the lounges at Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport. The SkyTeam lounge, for example, offers complimentary drinks and food, magazines, Wi-Fi, TV, printing services and showers.
- Travellers who need to smoke after their flight to Sydney can do it in the specially set up smoking areas that are located outside the terminal buildings – smoking inside the airport is not allowed.
- People who need to exchange money after their flight to Sydney can do it at one of the Global Exchange currency exchange offices, which are open until 11pm. It is also possible to request the currency via their website at a more advantageous rate and later collect and pay for it at the airport.
FAQs - booking Sydney flights
How long is the flight to Sydney?
What is the cheapest flight to Sydney?
Which airlines fly to Sydney?
How far is Sydney airport from central Sydney?
What is the name of Sydney’s airport?
What are the transportation options from Sydney Airport to Sydney?
Is there baggage storage at Sydney Kingsford Smith?
Is it possible to rent a car at Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport?
Is there an on-site airport hotel at Sydney Airport?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 3 airlines flying to Sydney Kingsford Smith
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Flights to Sydney (Return)
Book Cheap Flights to Sydney (One-way)
Look for other cheap flights to Sydney
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.