BNE - SYD
Find cheap flights from Brisbane to Sydney
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
When to book flights from Brisbane to Sydney
Top tips for finding a cheap flight
- Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for $175 or less.
- The cheapest flight from Brisbane to Sydney was found, on average, 39 days before departure.
- Book at least 2 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- Morning departure is around 46% cheaper than an evening flight, on average*.
*Average of the lowest prices shown in KAYAK’s search results for departures within the next 30 days
- Flights from Brisbane to Sydney are generally quick, easy and affordable, with most flights leaving from Brisbane Airport and flying non-stop to Sydney Airport. Layovers are rare, but if you’re booking a last-minute flight, you may end up touching down in Melbourne or Canberra before completing the second leg of the journey.
- Getting to Sydney city centre from the airport by public transport takes approximately 13 minutes, making it one of quickest ways to get to your destination. Trains leave every ten minutes from the northern end of T-1 International on the arrivals level. A fare from the airport to the centre will cost around $19 for a single ticket.
- If you need to get some last-minute work done before your return flight, refuel with a snack or simply enjoy some peace and quiet, Sydney Airport offers several different airport lounges to travellers. Access to six out of the seven lounges is available for non-members, with single-entry passes starting at around $50.
- Leaving your car in Brisbane? Brisbane Airport has four main airport parking options: ParkShort, ParkLong, ParkValet and ParkPremium. If you’re going to Sydney for the weekend and heading back to Brisbane, you can take advantage of the weekend long-term parking rate, which starts at around $40 for the entire weekend.
- If you’d rather rent a car than get around Sydney via public transport, you can hire one from one of the several rental car agencies that operate within Sydney Airport. Car hire kiosks are located on the arrivals level of T1 and the companies operating them include Hertz, Redspot, Budget, Avis, Thrifty and Europcar.
FAQs for booking Brisbane to Sydney flights
Book cheap flights from Brisbane to Sydney (return)
Cons: We were delayed for 2 hours and 20 minutes flew into a storm, circulated in circles in the air for 30 mins, landed and had to wait for 3 HOURS inside the play due to lightning. If we left on time this would not have happened. Wort 12 hours of my life ever spent in an airport/plane. WILL NEVER FLY JETSTAR EVER AGAIN!!!
Cons: Boarding was chaotic. They started boarding from the back, which is fine, but never indicated that the forward seats could board and never checked to make sure people were boarding in the proper groups. Terrible process.
Pros: We arrived safely and on time.
Cons: The pricing seems low when purchasing the ticket, but we were charged $45/bag for our carryon bags that could easily have fit in the overhead bins (and on a separate flight with another airline that is what we did). Seems like a money grab to charge for the carryon if it weighs more than 7g or whatever small amount. Just take that cost into account when booking your flight.
Brisbane - Sydney Flights
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.