Find cheap flights to Australia
Good to know
|June||Best time to beat the crowds (2% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (5% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|$234||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Australia
- Looking for cheap airfare to Australia? 25% of our users found return tickets to Australia for the following prices or less: From Adelaide $321, from Brisbane $390, from Canberra $426
- Book at least 4 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Australia is June.
- If you are hoping to visit the Great Barrier Reef during your stay in Australia, consider flying to Cairns International Airport (CNS), a destination that is known for being the closest airport to the famous landmark and for being located in Queensland, a popular state that can be found in the northeast part of the country.
- To visit the southern region of the country, such as the cities of Adelaide or Mount Gambier, there are many airports that you can opt to fly to, including Adelaide Airport (ADL) and Port Augusta Airport (PUG).
- For those that will be spending time in the state of Queensland, you will find that one of the most convenient airports to travel to is Brisbane Airport (BNE), an option that is within easy driving distance of many popular cities, including Logan City and the Gold Coast.
- When travelling to the interior of the country, there are several airports to choose from, including Charleville Airport (CTL). Keep in mind that not all airports offer flights to the centre of Australia, so you may find that it is easiest having a stopover in a major city, such as Sydney, Melbourne, or Brisbane.
- The northern part of Australia is primarily serviced by Darwin International Airport (DRW) and Alice Springs Airport (ASP), both of which offer flights to and from most major cities. If you would rather fly to a somewhat smaller destination, you can choose from options such as Groote Eylandt Airport (GTE) or Snake Bay Airport (SNB).
FAQs - booking Australia flights
Which airlines have a flexible cancellation policy for flights from Australia to Australia due to COVID-19?
Which airlines apply social distancing measures on flights from Australia to Australia due to COVID-19?
How long is the flight to Australia?
What is the cheapest flight to Australia?
Which airlines fly to Australia?
What are the most popular destinations in Australia?
What is the most convenient airport for me to arrive at if I am planning on visiting Bondi Beach?
What is the best airport to arrive at if I plan on visiting Kakadu National Park?
I would like to go to Fraser Island. Where should I fly to?
What are the most convenient airports to arrive at in Australia?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 4 airlines flying to Australia
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Flights to Australia
Recent return flight deals
Search by stops
Recent one-way flight deals
Search by stops
Flights to Australia
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.