Find cheap flights to Tokyo
Good to know
|March||Best time to beat the crowds (4% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (14% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|$615||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Tokyo
- Looking for cheap airfare to Tokyo? 25% of our users found return tickets to Tokyo for the following prices or less: From Brisbane $753, from Melbourne $763, from Sydney Kingsford Smith $814
- Book at least 4 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Tokyo is May.
- When planning flights to Tokyo it is important to keep in mind that there are two airports in Tokyo – Narita International Airport (NRT) and Haneda International Airport (HND). Haneda Airport is situated a shorter distance from central Tokyo, but Narita Airport is more popular for international flights which makes it well connected with the city.
- To reach the centre of Tokyo from Narita International Airport quickly, the Keisei Skyliner should take you into the city in under an hour. Another option is the JR Narita Line Train that departs every hour; it takes approximately 90 minutes to get to the city centre and is a more budget-friendly option.
- Travellers who wish to refresh after their flight to Tokyo will find showers at both Haneda and Narita International Airports. The shower facilities are open 24/7 so it does not matter what time you arrive and want to use them. Using the shower for 30 minutes costs 1030 JPY (or around $12), which includes all the necessary toiletries.
- If you want to relax and charge your phone while at Haneda International Airport, head to @TIAT Station in the international airport where, apart from the power outlets, you can use massage chairs and comfortable desks for computers.
- Flying to Tokyo with your furry friend? Book them a spot in the Pet Hotel at Haneda or Narita International Airport. Apart from taking care of your pet while you are away, the staff can also provide it with some beauty treatment. Pet Inn Royal at Narita Airport is also just a few steps away from a veterinarian clinic in case your pet needs medical care.
FAQs - booking Tokyo flights
How long is the flight to Tokyo?
What is the cheapest flight to Tokyo?
Which airlines fly to Tokyo?
Which Tokyo airport is closest to central Tokyo?
Is there a hotel at Haneda International Airport?
How do I transfer to the centre of Tokyo from Haneda International Airport?
What are the eating options at Narita International Airport?
Does Narita International Airport provide services for families with kids?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to Tokyo
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Tokyo Plane Tickets (Return)
Book Cheap Tokyo Plane Tickets (One-way)
Flights to Tokyo
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.