ADL - MEL
Find cheap flights from Adelaide to Melbourne
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
When to book flights from Adelaide to Melbourne
Top tips for finding a cheap flight
- Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for $113 or less.
- The cheapest flight from Adelaide to Melbourne was found, on average, 84 days before departure.
- Book at least 4 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be March, April and May. The cheapest month to fly is February.
- Non-stop flights from Adelaide to Melbourne operate on a daily basis and land at Melbourne Airport. There are four main carriers that fly on this route – the national carrier, Qantas, Virgin Australia, and the low-cost airlines Tiger Airways Australia and Jetstar. There are also flights into Avalon Airport in Melbourne, but these operate with a stopover.
- For travellers on flights from Adelaide to Melbourne who want to grab a quick something to eat after arriving at Melbourne Airport, there are a couple of coffee shops in T1 that you can visit on the way out. Gloria Jean’s or Gian Carlo both serve coffee and pastries or snacks that will give you the pick-me-up you need for the next leg of your journey.
- If you are travelling to Melbourne and would like to explore further afield, why not hire a car and travel under your own steam. There are six car hire companies located opposite T2 at Melbourne Airport. Book your car in advance – there is no cancellation or booking fee – and collect the keys upon arrival from Adelaide. Avis, Budget, Europcar and Thrifty are among the car hire companies represented at the airport.
- Travellers with children on flights from Adelaide to Melbourne will be happy to know that Adelaide Airport has a play area located right next door to Hudson’s Coffee. The play area is perfectly situated so that parents can relax with a coffee while watching their little ones playing and burning off some energy before their flight to Melbourne.
- If you only have a short time to stay in Melbourne and would like to explore without carrying your luggage around with you, then you can leave your bags at Smartcarte in T2 arrivals. You will need a photo ID to leave your bags here and costs will vary depending on size of bags and length of time left. There are also baggage storage lockers on the ground floor in the At Terminal T4 car park.
FAQs for booking Adelaide to Melbourne flights
Book cheap flights from Adelaide to Melbourne (return)
Pros: no amazing crew and no warm and fuzzies
Cons: Pre bought meals and wasn't permitted hot chocolate for children. Eventually given and nothing said. On the journey over hot choc offered. Not a big deal. I think you fall down in customer service by not supplying a little like coffee and hot choc and a free snack. Possably will avoid flying Jetstar again. Service is paramount. And no entertainment available because it wasnt a long haul just a short haul though international. Mmmmm no to Jetstar i feel. I own a resort and i know what customer service must feel like.
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.