CNS - SYD
Find cheap flights from Cairns to Sydney
Search hundreds of travel sites and compare cheap flights to Sydney
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
When to book flights from Cairns to Sydney
Average price per month
Flight prices as travel date approaches
Top tips for finding a cheap flight
- Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for $305 or less.
- The cheapest flight from Cairns to Sydney was found, on average, 90 days before departure.
- Book at least 5 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- Morning departure is around 57% cheaper than an evening flight, on average*.
*Average of the lowest prices shown in KAYAK’s search results for departures within the next 30 days
- Non-stop flights from Cairns to Sydney are quick and easy to find with domestic airlines like TigerAir Australia and Jetstar. Flights between the two cities are generally affordable and will arrive at Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport. Sydney Airport serves the entire Sydney area and is located approximately 8 km from the city centre.
- Once your flight lands, you can easily reach hotels and destinations in central Sydney by using public transport. One of the most popular ways to reach the city centre is to take the train. Trains leave from the northern end of the terminal approximately every ten minutes and cost around $19.
- Renting a car is a good alternative if your travels around Sydney involve areas not served by public transport routes. There is a long list of different rental car agencies that operate at Sydney Airport, including Hertz, Budget and Avis. The car rental kiosks are located on the Arrivals level in Terminal 1.
- Parking at Cairns Airport is affordable and accessible compared to other busy Australian airports. All car parks are located a short walk away from the terminals, and can be conveniently booked ahead of time via the Cairns Airport online booking system. Fees for parking start at approximately $7 per day.
- If you’re booking a return or transit flight from Cairns to Sydney, you can grab a bite to eat and relax in one of the many airport lounges located at Sydney Airport. There are varying entrance requirements for the seven different lounges, but six of them can be accessed with single-entry passes starting at approximately $50.
FAQs for booking Cairns to Sydney flights
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool uses historical data to determine whether the price for a given destination and date is likely to change within 7 days, so travellers know whether to wait or book now.