Find cheap flights to London Heathrow Airport
Good to know
|March||Best time to beat the crowds (3% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (10% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|$1,041||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to London Heathrow Airport
- Looking for cheap airfare to London Heathrow Airport? 25% of our users found return tickets to London Heathrow Airport for the following prices or less: From Brisbane $1,189, from Melbourne $1,216, from Sydney Kingsford Smith $1,275
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to London Heathrow Airport is October.
- There are various airlines that offer flights to London from Australian cities that have only one stopover. Virgin Atlantic, Etihad Airways, Singapore Airlines, and Emirates are a good choice if you prefer a more direct connection.
- London Heathrow International Airport (LHR) is situated southwest from London, and therefore is your prime destination airport for many other southern English cities. It is the closest international airport to Oxford, for example, which is a 1h drive away. Reading is even closer with only 40min to drive.
- Spread all over the terminals at London Heathrow Airport (LHR), families can benefit from kids-eat-for-free packages. Keep your eyes peeled for eateries that offer this special deal to enjoy a family friendly meal before heading to your next destination.
- As London Heathrow is a major airport with four busy, passenger terminals, there is a free shuttle bus operating between terminals 2/3 and 4/5. Plan ample time ahead if you need to travel between the terminals, as the ride can take up to 20min on the shuttle. Travellers can get a free transfer ticket at the stations or use their contactless card, which will not be charged.
- Should you have rented a car for your onward journey, note that most car hire companies have desks in Terminals 2, 3, and 4, some also in 5, so you don’t have to change terminals unnecessarily. Situated in the arrivals hall of the respective terminals, you can easily spot your booked provider.
- Travellers can relax in style upon arriving in London and refresh with beverages and snacks in one of the airport lounges specifically designed for arriving passengers. The Plaza Premium Lounges for incoming passengers can be found in Terminals 2 and 4 on Level 1. Passes can be bought at the door or pre-booked and cost approximately £35–60 (A$ 67–114), depending on how long you want to stay.
FAQs - booking London Heathrow Airport flights
What is the cheapest flight to London Heathrow Airport?
How far is London Heathrow Airport airport from central London?
What is the best way to get into London city centre from Heathrow Airport (LHR)?
Can I sleep at a hotel in Heathrow airport?
Where will the stopover be on my flight to London?
Are there any lounges for arriving guests at London Heathrow Airport?
Are there any showers available at London Heathrow Airport?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to London Heathrow
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Flights to London Heathrow Airport (Return)
Book Cheap Flights to London Heathrow Airport (One-way)
Look for other cheap flights to London Heathrow Airport
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.