Find cheap flights to United Kingdom
Latest United Kingdom Flight Deals
Top tips for finding cheap flights to United Kingdom
- Looking for cheap airfare to United Kingdom? 25% of our users found return tickets to United Kingdom for the following prices or less: From Adelaide $1,726, from Brisbane $1,823, from Melbourne $2,155
- Book at least 4 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be June, July and August. The cheapest month to fly to United Kingdom is October.
- The majority of flights to the United Kingdom from Australia require travellers to have at least one stopover. A common place to stop is Dubai, but you will also find that airports in Hong Kong and Abu Dhabi are frequently used for stopovers as well.
- For those that are hoping to spend some time in the northwest region of England, consider booking your flight to Manchester Airport (MAN). From there, you will be able to easily travel to many popular cities, including Liverpool, Leeds, and Nottingham, all of which are within a 1h 30min drive.
- To explore the beautiful scenery of western Scotland, opt to arrive at Glasgow Airport (GLA), a destination that is known for being the second largest airport in the country and the 8th largest in the United Kingdom, as well as a major hub for LoganAir.
- When travelling to Northern Ireland, one of the most convenient places to arrive at is Belfast International Airport (BFS). From there, you can easily drive to cities such as Comber, Holywood, and Bangor.
- Birmingham Airport (BHX) is one of the largest travel hubs in England’s West Midlands, making it an easy location to then travel to cities like Bickenhill, Coventry, and Leicester.
FAQs - booking United Kingdom flights
How long is the flight to United Kingdom?
The average direct flight from Australia to United Kingdom takes 28h 59m, covering a distance of 16303 km. The most popular route is Melbourne - London with an average flight time of 22h 40m.
What is the cheapest flight to United Kingdom?
The cheapest ticket to United Kingdom from Australia found in the last 72 hours was $962. The most popular route is Melbourne to London and the cheapest airline ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was $1,011.
Which airlines fly to United Kingdom?
Qantas Airways fly the most frequently from Australia to United Kingdom.
What are the most popular destinations in United Kingdom?
Based on KAYAK flight searches, the most popular destination is London (82% of total searches to United Kingdom). The next most popular destinations are Manchester (4%) and Leeds (2%). Searches for flights to Edinburgh (2%), Southampton (2%) and Newcastle upon Tyne (2%) are also popular.
Do I need a visa to travel to the United Kingdom?
If you have an Australian passport, you do not need to apply for a visa in order to visit the United Kingdom. However, your passport must remain valid throughout the duration of your stay. You can stay in the country for up to six months.
What airports can I fly into if I would like to visit the southern region of England?
For those that will be travelling to southern England in order to visit London, there are several airports for you to choose from, including Heathrow Airport (LHR), Gatwick Airport (LGW), and London Stansted Airport (STN). If you would like to go to the coast, you can choose from destinations like Bristol Airport (BRS), Southampton Airport (SOU), and Bournemouth Airport (BOH).
I would like to visit Stonehenge. Which airport should I fly into?
One common way to travel to Stonehenge is by flying into Heathrow Airport (LHR) or Gatwick Airport (LGW) and then taking either a local bus or train to the monument. It is also possible to arrive at Southampton Airport (SOU), where you can then drive to Stonehenge in approximately 1h. If you decide to arrive at Bournemouth Airport (BOH) instead, you can reach the monument by car in about 1h 15min.
Which airport should I arrive at if I would like to visit the Giant's Causeway?
When visiting the Giant’s Causeway, it is generally most convenient to fly into Belfast International Airport (BFS), where you can then drive to the cliffs in approximately 1h. If you are hoping to fly into a smaller airport, you can also choose from George Best Belfast City Airport (BHD) and City of Derry Airport (LDY), both of which are also just a 1h drive from the Giant’s Causeway.
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool uses historical data to determine whether the price for a given destination and date is likely to change within 7 days, so travellers know whether to wait or book now.
Book cheap flights to United Kingdom(Return)
Pros: I HAD TO CANCELPAL TOLD ME GO TO VAYAMA VAYAMA STAFF MISINFORMED ME ON COSTS AND PROCESS
Pros: service and food
Pros: Everything but mostly the leg room. Not sure if it's due to the airline type (Dream-liner) or just the seating arrangement but makes for a very comfortable long haul flight. Excellent wide screen entertainment system, not like the majority of aircraft with undersized and poor screen quality.
Cons: airplane is a little bit old.
Pros: I Have booked true which is Byojet is absolutely disgraceful I'll be seekong to recover alm fears gro Byojet they been absolutely Nightmare
Cons: BYojet shouldn't be with Kayak get rid of them.
Pros: Boarding time was fast, very efficient, food was excellent - much better than the previous flight! Great entertainment
Pros: The food!!!!
Pros: Best crew I have ever had
Cons: Leg room is too small.
Pros: Very friendly crew. Everything on time we landed even earlier. Comfortable seats and distance between seats rows
Pros: I was informed of the retimed departure well ahead of time, and the flight departed on time. My SFML was super delish, and the CSO was very friendly.
Cons: On this flight, honestly cant think of any.
Pros: Amazing crew , both ground and in fligbt
Cons: The transfer in Manila was like nowhere else. After the security check we were sent outside where buses were driving to claim our checked-in luggage to take it for another check just to drop it one minute later. Anywhere in the world if you board a flight with a stop-over you see your luggage at the final destination, not the case if you fly trough Manila.
Cons: Many changes and mistakes
Cons: Boarding on time so I didn’t have to loose the connection flight and had to stay at a hotel an hour away from kuala lumpur to barely sleep to catch a plane to auckland next day that arrives late so i cant take the ferry home.
Pros: Some of the crew were friendly, certainly not all of them.
Cons: Seats were uncomfortable, food was subpar. Paid extra for a “twin” seat and after this experience I think passengers should be paid extra to sit here.
Look for other cheap flights to United Kingdom
- Flights »
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.