SYD - LHR
Find cheap flights from Sydney to London Heathrow Airport
Book cheap flights from Sydney to London Heathrow Airport (return)
Pros: Great crew. Old plane. Late arrival. Great food.
Cons: Business class seats are old.
Pros: Movie selection was ok
Cons: Ran out of meals offered me crackers and bread boarding was a mess long delays I will never fly Philippines airline again!
Cons: Improve Size of Visual Monitor
Pros: The crew was amazing as usual. The seat was comfortable but lacks storage areas.
Cons: Boarding process at MNL needs to be more organized.
Pros: The flight boarded and left on time. A good variety of movies and tv shows to entertain all ages.
Cons: The bathrooms needed to be restocked with towels and toilet paper.
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
When to book flights from Sydney to London Heathrow
Top tips for finding a cheap flight
- Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for $1,371 or less.
- The cheapest flight from Sydney to London Heathrow Airport was found, on average, 60 days before departure.
- Book at least 2 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- Morning departure is around 17% cheaper than an evening flight, on average*.
*Average of the lowest prices shown in KAYAK’s search results for departures within the next 30 days
- For travellers journeying from Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport (SYD) to London Heathrow Airport (LHR), we recommend having a look at flying with British Airways. With Heathrow being a hub for British Airways, there are a variety of flight times available to fit your schedule.
- If you are looking for a direct flight from Sydney to London, there are a few airlines providing direct flights on certain days of the week. Look at British Airways’ flights throughout the week to see when their direct flights are.
- For those arriving in London and needing to connect to the internet when they land, London Heathrow Airport (LHR) has free Wi-Fi available for anyone. Simply click the _Heathrow Wi-Fi option on your device and a series of on-screen instructions will guide you through the process.
- Similarly, passengers travelling on business are recommended to look at airlines such as Emirates Airlines and Virgin Atlantic for their amenities, which include a selection of Wi-Fi options. For business travellers flying from Sydney, Emirates also has a Lounge in Sydney Airport where passengers can relax and unwind or work in peace.
- After arriving in London, there are several ways to make the journey to your hotel. While taxi services are available, a quicker option is the Heathrow Express, which runs from each terminal to London Paddington every 15min and takes approximately 15–20min. Alternatively, the Piccadilly Line of the London Underground subway system runs from the airport into the city and is a much cheaper option.
- For those looking to get to Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport (SYD) without a car, we recommend taking the Sydney Airport Link. While taxis are available throughout the city, the Sydney Airport Link train is generally the cheapest option for journeying to the airport and it runs throughout the day.
FAQs for booking Sydney to London Heathrow Airport flights
Sydney - London Heathrow Airport Flights
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.