SYD - LHR
Find cheap flights from Sydney to London Heathrow Airport
Good to know
|October||Best time to beat the crowds (15% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (26% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|$1,042||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
When to book flights from Sydney to London Heathrow
Top tips for finding a cheap flight
- Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for $1,274 or less.
- The cheapest flight from Sydney to London Heathrow Airport was found, on average, 85 days before departure.
- Book at least 2 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be November, December and January. The cheapest month to fly is October.
- Morning departure is around 24% cheaper than an evening flight, on average*.
- For travellers journeying from Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport (SYD) to London Heathrow Airport (LHR), we recommend having a look at flying with British Airways. With Heathrow being a hub for British Airways, there are a variety of flight times available to fit your schedule.
- If you are looking for a direct flight from Sydney to London, there are a few airlines providing direct flights on certain days of the week. Look at British Airways’ flights throughout the week to see when their direct flights are.
- For those arriving in London and needing to connect to the internet when they land, London Heathrow Airport (LHR) has free Wi-Fi available for anyone. Simply click the _Heathrow Wi-Fi option on your device and a series of on-screen instructions will guide you through the process.
- Similarly, passengers travelling on business are recommended to look at airlines such as Emirates Airlines and Virgin Atlantic for their amenities, which include a selection of Wi-Fi options. For business travellers flying from Sydney, Emirates also has a Lounge in Sydney Airport where passengers can relax and unwind or work in peace.
- After arriving in London, there are several ways to make the journey to your hotel. While taxi services are available, a quicker option is the Heathrow Express, which runs from each terminal to London Paddington every 15min and takes approximately 15–20min. Alternatively, the Piccadilly Line of the London Underground subway system runs from the airport into the city and is a much cheaper option.
- For those looking to get to Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport (SYD) without a car, we recommend taking the Sydney Airport Link. While taxis are available throughout the city, the Sydney Airport Link train is generally the cheapest option for journeying to the airport and it runs throughout the day.
FAQs for booking Sydney to London Heathrow Airport flights
How long does a flight from Sydney to London Heathrow Airport take?
Which airlines provide the cheapest flights from Sydney to London Heathrow Airport?
What’s the cheapest day of the week to fly from Sydney to London Heathrow Airport?
What facilities does Heathrow have?
How many terminals does Heathrow have?
Are there any hotels at Heathrow Airport (LHR)?
Where can I exchange money on my journey?
Are there any other airports in London?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines serving Sydney Kingsford Smith to London Heathrow
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights from Sydney to London Heathrow Airport (return)
Book cheap flights from Sydney to London Heathrow Airport (one-way)
Sydney - London Heathrow Airport Flights
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.