Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Amsterdam
Good to know
|Average price (weeknight):||$151|
|Average price (weekend night):||$327|
cheapest month to stay
expected price decrease
most expensive time to stay
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Sun. - Thu.
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Fri. & Sat.
How much does a hotel in Amsterdam cost?
Top tips for finding the perfect Amsterdam hotel
- At the doorstep of the Centraal train station, Amsterdam’s busy city center, the Binnenstad features a range of hotels for all budgets. Everything from simple hostels to 5-star luxury hotels are on offer.
- Business travellers may prefer to stay in Amsterdam’s Zuidas district. Known as the city’s “Financial Mile,” the region is located between the city centre and Schiphol Airport and features a range of business hotels near the RAI Convention Centre.
- Posh boutique hotels join 5-star accommodation in the Grachtengordel canal district, which is home to the city’s four main canals. Dating from the 17th century, this historic region is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Budget accommodation can be found just a short walk away from the city centre. Leafy Oud-West, which borders Vondelpark, or vibrant De Pijp are desirable neighbourhoods, which offer a variety of comfortable hotels.
- Across the canal from the Anne Frank House, Jordaan is a chic neighbourhood featuring small hotels and B&Bs. It lies directly west of the city centre.
- Backpackers looking to spend the night in a cheap, friendly hostel will find themselves welcome at The Flying Pig, with two hostels slap bang in the city centre – one downtown (next to Amsterdam Central Station) and the other uptown. For ethical accommodation with an artsy twist, get with the cultural programme at WOW Hostel, west of the city centre.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Amsterdam
Where to stay in Amsterdam?
Hotels in Westpoort, Westerpark - Staatsliedenbuurt, and near Station Amsterdam Centraal have the most searches on KAYAK.
What are the best hotels near Station Amsterdam Centraal?
Travellers who like staying near Station Amsterdam Centraal recommend St. Christopher's at The Winston, NH Collection Amsterdam Barbizon Palace, and Grand Hotel Amrâth Amsterdam.
How much does a hotel cost in Amsterdam?
KAYAK users have found double rooms in Amsterdam for as cheap as $38 in the last 3 days. The average price is $430.
Are there good hotels near Amsterdam airport?
Schiphol Airport features several excellent hotel options including Sheraton Amsterdam Hotel and Conference Center, CitizenM Schiphol Airport Hotel, and Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol. Each of these comfortable, contemporary hotels feature on-site cafes or restaurants and are just a short walk to the airport terminal.
What are the best hotels near Dam Square?
Situated on Dam Square and offering views of the Royal Palace, the 5-star NH Collection Amsterdam Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky is an elegant choice. A short walk away, the 4-star Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam, cleverly merges contemporary design with the historical architecture of 18th century merchant houses.
Which neighbourhoods offer good accommodation close to Amsterdam’s central station?
Amsterdam’s Centraal train station leads directly to the city’s medieval centre, known as De Wallen. Home to the infamous Red Light District as well as Dam Square, this area features a variety of hotel options ranging from hostels and basic hotels to 5-star luxury accommodation.
What hotels in Amsterdam have especially good spa services?
An indulgent stay at Sofitel Legend the Grand Amsterdam comes with spa services spread across two floors, as well as access to the swimming pool, hammam, sauna and fitness rooms. Meanwhile, the spa at Hotel Okura Amsterdam in the De Pijp neighbourhood features a Japanese twist with bamboo and shiatsu massage treatments and a tea lounge.
What hotels in Amsterdam offer especially good views?
Situated on the Amstel River, the posh De L’Europe Amsterdam hotel offers lovely views of the riverside scenery from several rooms and suites, as well as a terrace restaurant. The luxurious rooms at the Waldorf Astoria offer breathtaking views of the Herengracht Canal or an elegant courtyard garden.
How can I find hotels near me?
Take a look at our extensive hotel Heatmaps to find the best hotels near you.