Hervey Bay hotels
Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Hervey Bay
Good to know
|Average price (weeknight):||$104|
|Average price (weekend night):||$87|
cheapest month to stay
expected price decrease
most expensive time to stay
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Sun. - Thu.
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Fri. & Sat.
How much does a hotel in Hervey Bay cost?
Top tips for finding the perfect Hervey Bay hotel
- History buffs who want to go back in time and discover the history of Hervey Bay, book a hotel near Hervey Bay Historical Museum and Village, for example Beachside Motor Inn. The museum consists of reconstructed buildings from the past and rich collections of clothes and various items belonging to previous inhabitants of the region. If you happen to be there on Sunday, you can see demonstrations of rope making or corn processing.
- If you plan to join adventure tours such as whale watching, pick a hotel close to the Great Sandy Straits Marina that overlooks the heritage-listed Fraser Island. It is a very calm place with a few restaurants and cafes, located only 10 minutes’ drive from the airport. Ramada Hervey Bay is a luxurious accommodation with evening entertainment next to the marina.
- Visitors who want to be within a few steps to the beach, pick Pier One, located on the Esplanade next to the beach. Hervey Bay Esplanade stretches along the coast of Hervey Bay so you can walk along the beach, jog, cycle, enjoy the views and maybe even see some whales. Pier One is a luxury hotel with ocean views and facilities such as a fitness centre and restaurant.
- Those who like to be close to green space, pick Akama Resort, a 5-star hotel near the marina that will put you within a 5-minute walk of Dayman Park. In the park you can follow various monuments that provide additional bits of information about Hervey Bay. It also has playgrounds for children and offers nice views of the Great Sandy Strait and Fraser Island.
- Are you travelling with kids? Pick Main Street Motel with its family rooms and short walking distance to WetSide Water Park, the beach and The Fraser Coast Discovery Sphere. The water park has many water slides and play areas for children, whereas the Discovery Sphere has interactive displays with interesting information about Fraser Island and whales.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Hervey Bay
What are good hotels in Hervey Bay near the Botanic Gardens?
Hervey Bay Botanic Gardens are located about 15 minutes from Dayman Park and their highlight is the Orchid House. Kondari Hotel is an affordable 3-star hotel next to the Botanic Gardens with a restaurant and swimming pool. Another option is Shelly Bay Resort, a 4-star property situated next to the beach and within a 15-minute walk of the gardens.
Which hotel in Hervey Bay is close to Regional Gallery?
Hervey Bay Regional Gallery is located next to the Fraser Coast Discovery Sphere and is a place where you can see local artwork and temporary exhibitions. Comfort Inn on Main Hervey Bay is a 3-star accommodation within a 4-minute walk of the Gallery.
Which hotels in Hervey Bay have ocean views?
Mantra Hervey Bay is a 4-star spa hotel featuring rooms with balconies that is situated on the waterfront overlooking the marina. If you are looking for a more affordable option, Eden by the Bay is a 3-star accommodation located directly on the beachfront, and most of its rooms come with ocean views; it is also a 10-minute walk from Hervey Bay Historical Museum and Village..
Which hotels in Hervey Bay have free parking?
Hervey Bay Colonial Lodge is a 3-star hotel with free parking nearby and is a few steps from Hervey Bay Esplanade. Best Western Ambassador Motor Lodge is an alternative that offers free parking and is located between the Hervey Bay Historical Museum and Village and WetSide Water Park.
How can I find hotels near me?
Take a look at our extensive hotel Heatmaps to find the best hotels near you.