Find cheap flights to Amsterdam
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Amsterdam
- Looking for cheap airfare to Amsterdam? 25% of our users found return tickets to Amsterdam for the following prices or less: From Melbourne $1,490, from Sydney Kingsford Smith $1,566, from Brisbane $1,575
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be June, July and August. The cheapest month to fly to Amsterdam is March.
- If you’re traveling with children, you will find various baby rooms throughout the airport where you can change nappies, but you can also go to the Baby Care Lounge located between Departure Lounges 2 and 3 on Holland Boulevard. Open from 6am to 10pm, it gives parents a quiet space to change and feed babies and relax. On Holland Boulevard you’ll also find the Kids’ Forest, a woodland-themed play area for children.
- Luggage storage is available at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport at Baggage Depot, which is located between Arrivals 1 and 2. It is open 24 hours a day and offers storage options for hand luggage, larger suitcases and oversized items. The maximum storage period is 30 days, and you can pay by card.
- Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the airport, however if you don’t have a laptop, tablet or smartphone with you there are six Internet centres where you can browse the Internet using a fast connection. This service is available for free; printing is also on offer, with the first five pages free.
- If you are looking for a relaxed environment after your flight to Amsterdam, head to Aspire Lounge No. 26 in Terminal 1 (accessible to all Schengen flights) or Aspire Lounge No. 41 in Terminals 2 and 3 (for non-Schengen flights). Both lounges are accessible to all passengers through a pre-paid pass or a lounge membership card, but you can also pay the fee at the door. Showers are available inside the lounges for a fee.
- If you need to hold a business meeting while at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, there are conference rooms available for hire in Departures on Level 1. There are also work stations where you can set up a temporary office and which are free to use, with power outlets available at all desks. These are located throughout the Departures area and in Piers C and D.
FAQs - booking Amsterdam flights
How long is the flight to Amsterdam?
What is the cheapest flight to Amsterdam?
The cheapest airline ticket to Amsterdam from Australia in the last 72 hours was $1,177 return on the route Adelaide to Amsterdam. The most popular route is Sydney to Amsterdam and the cheapest ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was $1,221 return.
Which airlines fly to Amsterdam?
How far is Amsterdam airport from central Amsterdam?
Amsterdam Airport is 11 kilometres from the centre of Amsterdam. View on map.
What is the name of Amsterdam’s airport?
Amsterdam is served by Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, also commonly referred to as Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, Schiphol, or simply Amsterdam Airport. The airport code is AMS.
How can I travel from Amsterdam Schiphol Airport to the city centre by public transport?
Schiphol train station is located at the airport below Schiphol Plaza, which is a 2-minute walk from Arrivals. You can also catch the Amsterdam Airport Express bus 397, which goes direct to the city centre; you’ll find the bus terminal right outside Schiphol Plaza. To travel by public transport, you can buy the Amsterdam Travel Ticket, a single-use chipcard or an OV-chipkaart – this is a rechargeable public transport card and is cheaper per trip over the long run.
How can I travel from Amsterdam Schiphol Airport to the city centre by taxi?
The taxi rank at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport is located in front of Schiphol Plaza. Regular taxis are readily available and they are all metered rides. Another taxi option is the shared taxi system offered by Schiphol Travel Taxi, whereby the driver might stop on the way to drop off or pick up other passengers. The trip could take a little longer but is cheaper than a regular taxi. These little buses fit up to eight people and are also readily available at the airport.
Are there any on-site airport hotels at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport?
There are two hotels inside the airport: YotelAir is located in Lounge 2 and has day rooms available for rent, while the Mercure Schiphol Terminal Hotel is in Lounge 3, with day rooms available from 10am to 7pm. Just 2 minutes outside the airport you will find the Sheraton Hotel, which has day rooms available from 8am to 6pm but no airport shuttle.
Are there any showers available for use by passengers at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport?
For passengers looking to freshen up after their flights to Amsterdam, the showers at YotelAir in Lounge 2, next to the food court, can be rented for a fee. The Mercure Hotel in Lounge 3 also has showers available for rent; a towel and toiletries are included in the price.
Book Cheap Flights to Amsterdam(Return)
Pros: Can i request for a food that us not pork? I don't eat pork nor shrimp, i will be traveling on the 5th of January again and i don't want that we will be starving again for the second time since last time we never eat for they don't have anything substitute for pork. Hope they will serve some chicken or beef for not everyone will eat pork and to starve while on the plane is not acceptable for we paid for it. Thanks
Look for other cheap flights to Amsterdam
- Flights »
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.