Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Rome
Good to know
|Average price (weeknight):||$606|
|Average price (weekend night):||$192|
cheapest month to stay
expected price decrease
most expensive time to stay
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Sun. - Thu.
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Fri. & Sat.
How much does a hotel in Rome cost?
Top tips for finding the perfect Rome hotel
- An array of youth hostels and budget hotels can be found around Roma Termini train station.
- M&J Place Hostel Rome and the Arthur Hostel are both excellent choices.
- When staying near Roma Termini train station, guests benefit from convenient proximity the city’s main attractions as well as having a good link to the airport.
- Guests seeking Old World Italian charm near the Vatican, should book a stay at the Palazzo Cardinal Desi, situated just outside St. Peter’s Square.
- Book a room at the elegant Hotel Forum, overlooking the Roman Forum, to get a first-rate view of one of the world’s most historic sites.
- One of Rome’s most high-tech hotels is iRooms Forum & Colosseum, which features Smart TVs with 3D capability, digital projectors, multicoloured LED lights, and tropical showers.
- Budget conscious travellers who enjoy a Rococo setting will enjoy the Turner Hotel Rome, which is just a short walk from the Villa Borghese Gardens.
- If a fabulous luxury stay is what you’re after, consider Villa Spalletti Trivelli, which lies within walking distance of the Colosseum and Pantheon.
- With its fabulous views, Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Resort is situated in the hills above the city, offering couples a peaceful place to unwind in luxurious comfort.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Rome
Where to stay in Rome?
Hotels in Historical Center, Parioli, and near Rome City Centre have the most searches on KAYAK.
What are the best hotels near Rome City Centre?
Travellers who like staying near Rome City Centre recommend The Westin Excelsior, Rome, Hotel Fontana, and Grand Hotel Palace.
How much does a hotel cost in Rome?
KAYAK users have found double rooms in Rome for as cheap as $43 in the last 3 days. The average price is $297.
What neighbourhood in Rome is good for nightlife?
The best nightlife can be found around Campo de Fiori, just south of Pizazz Navona, with a buzzing market during the day and a great selection of restaurants and bars for a good night out. Stay at the Hotel Primavera for a location central to many of the nightlife hot spots.
What hotels in Rome have a good indoor or rooftop pool?
For a rooftop pool in the heart of Rome, head to Aleph Rome Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, near Piazza Barberini. Otherwise, Radisson Blu es. Hotel Rome, near Roma Termini train station is a spacious, modern hotel that features a rooftop pool and fabulous views of the city.
What are the best hotels near the Vatican?
For accommodation near the Vatican try the Hotel Vespasiano, an affordable upscale hotel situated 15 minutes by foot from St. Peter’s Basilica. Visitors who enjoy a little opulence will delight in the rooms at Pope’s Suites, while travellers who appreciate more modern decor should look at the highly rated Hotel della Conciliazione.
What are some good hotels near the Trevi Fountain?
The small cobbled streets surrounding the famous Trevi Fountain are full of small hotels and B&Bs. Directly across from the fountain, the charming Hotel Fontana is a good option for travellers with a mid-range budget. For around the same rate, Hotel Fellini merges contemporary with old world style and features a rooftop terrace.
What hotel area is especially good for shopping in Rome?
Head to the Spanish Steps, which look out upon some of the best shopping streets in Rome. Relais Bocca di Leone is a small, stylish hotel that offers comfortable rooms at a reasonable price. Those seeking the ultimate in Italian luxury will want to indulge in a room at Portrait Roma.
How can I find hotels near me?
Take a look at our extensive hotel Heatmaps to find the best hotels near you.