Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Mackay
Compare vs KAYAK |
Good to know
|December||Cheapest month to stay with an average 40% drop in price.|
|May||Most expensive month to stay with an average 29% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|$104||Average Sun. - Thu. price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|$103||Average Fri. & Sat. price over the last 2 weeks.|
How much is a Mackay hotel?Here are our most popular & best value hotels
2 stars and below
Top tips for finding the perfect Mackay hotel deal
- For those who have come to Mackay to relax on the beach, Illawong Beach is a good, quiet option in South Mackay. Econo Lodge Beachside is a good choice in the area, located on the Binnington Esplanade across from the Illawong Beach and Quota Park.
- Slade Point to the north of Mackay has good sea views across the coastline. One of the most popular spots is Lamberts Lookout up on the headland. A good option for accommodation in this area is the Seabreeze Hotel, backing onto the Slade Point Nature Reserve and a 15-minute walk along the beach and up to Lamberts Lookout.
- Mackay acts as gateway to the lower Whitsunday Islands, especially the popular bird watching spot on Keswick Island. For those touring the islands by boat, or who intend to visit the reefs in Mackay harbour, staying somewhere like the Clarion Hotel at the marina will keep you close to the moorings. There are also a number of restaurants off the marina for added convenience.
- If you are here to enjoy some leisurely fishing or to explore the wetlands around Pioneer River, there are a number of good options riverside. The Lanai Riverside Apartments not only look over the Pioneer River where you can catch whiting, bream and flathead, but are next to the Bluewater Lagoon, a popular free-admission water park to keep the whole family entertained.
- For those who like to stay near a park, the Regional Botanic Gardens in West Mackay can provide a quiet retreat from the tourism centre of the city. The Hi-Way Units Motel is across the road from the gardens, towards the edge of the city. If you walk 5 minutes down the road you will be able to wander the streets of rural Australian countryside.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Mackay
Are hotels in Mackay safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
How much does a hotel cost in Mackay?
What hotels in Mackay are close to the the centre city?
What hotels in Mackay are close to the airport?
What hotels in Mackay have an outdoor pool?
What hotels in Mackay are good for those on a budget?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Mackay?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Mackay by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Mackay hotels
Go to map