Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Vienna
Good to know
|Average price (weeknight):||$172|
|Average price (weekend night):||$140|
cheapest month to stay
expected price decrease
most expensive time to stay
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Sun. - Thu.
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Fri. & Sat.
How much does a hotel in Vienna cost?
Top tips for finding the perfect Vienna hotel
- For the best romantic hotels in Vienna, check out the Innere Stadt (inner city), where you will find the high-end Hotel Sacher Wien, which has has a grand finish and is within walking distance of the Burggarten. If you’d prefer a modern-looking hotel, try the DO & CO Hotel Vienna, with its glossy finish and stunning views of the city.
- If you are planning on visiting the Schönbrunn Palace, then you can opt to stay in the Austria Trend Parkhotel Schönbrunn, which overlooks the nearby Schönbrunner Schlosspark, or look into the Fünfhaus neighbourhood, which is just a few stops from the palace by underground.
- The Innere Stadt, the first district of Vienna in the old town area, is divided into four sections, historically denoted by the city gates. To stay in this area, consider Pension Neuer Markt near the Roman Museum. You will also find a number of museums and historic churches nearby, including Stephansdom (St Stephen’s Cathedral).
- Each year, Vienna hosts Design Week, which brings together designers from all over Austria and the world. It is hosted across a number of venues throughout the city at the end of September, with a different theme each year. Why not opt for a design-led hotel, such as the high-end House of Time in Leopoldstadt.
- If you’d like to stay on the banks of the River Danube, which travels from Germany through 10 countries including Austria, along the Donaukanal off-shoot, you will find Sofitel Vienna Stephansdom, which offers stunning views over the river and the city centre. On the edge of the Danube itself, you will find the Meliá Vienna, with 5-star views over the river.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Vienna
Where to stay in Vienna?
Hotels in Landstraße, Brigittenau have the most searches on KAYAK.
How much does a hotel cost in Vienna?
KAYAK users have found double rooms in Vienna for as cheap as $19 in the last 3 days. The average price is $239.
Are there good hotels near Vienna’s airport?
Yes, you will find several hotels near Vienna International Airport. NH Vienna Airport Conference Center offers a good deal and has a relaxing terrace. You will also find Moxy Vienna Airport a short distance away, with its trendy finish and great deals.
Where can I find cheap hotels in Vienna?
In the Josefstadt area of Vienna, you will find a number of well-rated hotels that work for a cheaper budget. City Rooms has a clean finish with artistic touches, while Hotel City Residence is a just few minutes’ walk from the underground, connecting it well with the Innere Stadt and other local attractions.
What hotels in Vienna have a good indoor or rooftop pool?
Vienna Marriott Hotel, on the edge of Stadtpark, comes with a great indoor pool and is close to the light railway that runs through the city streets. Nearby, The Ritz-Carlton Vienna also offers a relaxing indoor pool and spa services. Alternatively, Grand Ferdinand offers a wonderful rooftop terrace with a pool providing great views over the city centre.
Are there hotels in Vienna with free parking?
There are hotels in Vienna that come with free parking, however, you will struggle to find one in the Innere Stadt. If you look into the Mariahilf neighbourhood, you will find a few rentals that fit your needs, including a three-bedroom penthouse. In Schottenfeld, consider the Pension Pharmador, which comes with free parking and is a short walk from the underground linking you to the city centre.
How can I find hotels near me?
Take a look at our extensive hotel Heatmaps to find the best hotels near you.