Prices are in Australian Dollars.
Situated in Austin, this hotel is within 3 mi (5 km) of Brentwood Park, Elisabet Ney Museum, and Hyde Park Theatre. Northwest Recreation Center and Norris Conference Centers are also within 3 mi (5 km).
Left lots to be desired....Pros: The only 2 things I liked were:
1) Very friendly staff during the daytime (not so much at night time)
2) Great breakfast buffetCons: Many things I didn't like:
1) Room was very dirty, in need of thorough cleaning
2) Room was very damaged, in need of repair
3) Room was very old and dingy, in need of remodeling
4) Room had terrible lighting
5) Room had very inaccessible power outlets
6) Night staff was very curt (day staff was excellent though)
7) There were a couple power outages during my stay (i will reserve partial judgement on this one item, as I understand it might not have been completely in the hotel's control)
8) There were several internet outages and intermittent interruptions in service throughout my stay. This was extremely frustrating as I had important work to do over the internet and this made it very difficult and at times impossible.
9) The guests above me were making crazy noise at all hours of the night. i mean as late as 4am. I am not usually someone to complain about noise, but this was seriously like stomping and jumping and slamming constantly through the night. I asked the front desk to do something about it, but it didn't seem to stop the problem.
Very disappointedPros: The lady who ran the breakfast was very nice and accommodatingCons: I got this room as a "deal" for 125 because it had good reviews. There was hair in the bathtub, food on the cutting board, and a dirty towel folded near the sink. There were appliances, but they were extremely old and yellowed with age, and the carpet was just disgusting. I literally did not walk around barefoot the entire time I was there. The bed was comfy, but there were only sheets on the bed and no blanket, and the pillows were very uncomfortable. I resigned to just deal with it, as I was only there for the night and didn't want the inconvenience of switching rooms when it was probably just as poorly cleaned, but the extra charges put me over the edge. I am more than familiar with having a card kept on file for incidentals, but this place places a $100 hold on your account for 4+ days. It may be in the terms somewhere, but it wasn't stated to me ahead of time, and with how awful the room was to begin with, I am annoyed to say the least. Don't waste your money.
Pros: Clean rooms, comfy bed, friendly staff. All necessary amenities fulfilled quite well. Location is a bit odd for out of towner, not a nice area but the site itself is quite nice. Rooms were quiet even when noisy outside.Cons: Lighting in rooms could have been better. A fan in each room maybe. Also some simple furniture updates. Nothing else
Overall good value for moneyPros: Big room with living room and kitchen. Good speed wifi included and breakfast was very healthy and tasty. Cons: The rooms are getting a little old, stove and fridge were very old.
Pros: Beautiful grounds and very nice and simple suites.
Pros: the staff, the way we were treated, and the peacefulness of the place. Cons: nasty carpets (needed steam cleaning or replacement), leaking bathtub, cockroaches, and cobwebs on the windows.
Comfortable StayPros: The property was very comfortable and quiet with lots of trees, plants, and birds. The lobby was nice as was the breakfast and happy hour. We also appreciated having a full kitchen and separate living room. It was only a 10 minute drive to downtown Austin and was certainly a great value. Cons: The fixtures, wallpaper, etc were a bit outdated and in need of repair. Also, the surrounding area was rundown with a nearby abandoned mall and strip mall. It was strange pulling into the complex, but we weren't bothered by it once we were in the room.
2bed 2floor suite Pros: The location of the suite was very hidden from outside view. We were on the 3rd floor just enjoying the view. Room was located on the 2nd floor and went all the way up to the 3rd. Strip club was next door too.Cons: Abandonded white car in the back. Looks like its been there for years. Sofas and seats were a bit outdated. Fabric looked like it was originally from the 60s. Location.
Pros: Wonderful breakfast and friendly staffCons: Had to bring in housekeeping for toilet after minimal use, although they were very prompt.
Limited hot water for shower.