Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in York
Compare vs KAYAK |
Good to know
|January||Cheapest month to stay with an average 15% drop in price.|
|November||Most expensive month to stay with an average 6% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|$159||Average Sun. - Thu. price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|$197||Average Fri. & Sat. price over the last 2 weeks.|
How much is a York hotel?Here are our most popular & best value hotels
Top tips for finding the perfect York hotel deal
- Explore the heart of York and stay close to Tower Street, where you will find many museums and attractions like the York Dungeon, York Army Museum or York Castle Museum. Hilton York on Tower Street is next to the York Army Museum and 4 minutes from Castle Museum, the York Dungeon and the Grand Opera House. This hotel offers modern rooms, a gym, bar and room service. Lil's on The Waterfront is a casual alternative, featuring rustic rooms. It is basically located opposite the Grand Opera House and only a 5-minute walk from Clifford’s Tower, York Army Museum and York Castle Museum.
- Stay around Coney Street for many shops, including Waterstones, Zara or WHSmith. The Judges Court Hotel offers an English country-house ambiance and attractive cosy rooms. The hotel is situated on Coney Street and therefore close to all shops and the historic York Shambles, a medieval street where you can hunt the ghosts of times gone by. The Judge’s Lodging puts you within short walking distance of the bustling shopping street and their rooms are reminiscent of the traditional British country-style with a luxurious twist. Breakfast is included and there is also a restaurant and a bar on the premises.
- Around Stonegate and Low Petergate in close proximity to the York Shambles, there are many restaurants including traditional pubs like the Yorkshire Terrier or the Old White Swan. Galtres Lodge Hotel offers appealing rooms and is set in a Georgian building. Situated on Low Petergate, it’s only a stone’s throw away from many eateries. Betty’s Café Tea Rooms is 1 minute away and the next authentic pub is the Old White Swan, also a minute away. A bit further up the road, there’s the Guy Fawkes Inn, featuring its own pub and equally close to an abundance of restaurants in the historic quarter.
- Consider the posh The Principal York to be less than 1 minute from York Station from where you can take direct trains to London, Edinburgh and other destinations. The Principal York is a luxurious choice set in a palatial building, offering country-style rooms, a pool, gym and bar. The Railway Museum is about 8 minutes on foot away.
- Visit the racecourse for an authentic British equestrian experience. Located southwest of York, the racecourse is about a 10-minute drive from the hustle and bustle of York centre. To be close, choose the York Marriott Hotel, which is only a 5-minute drive away and set in an impressive manor with garden and modern-style rooms. Guests can also use the pool and spa after their day on the racecourse. A cheaper option would be the Holiday Inn York, equally close, and with free parking, Wi-Fi and a bar.
FAQs when booking a hotel in York
Are hotels in York safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
How much does a hotel cost in York?
What are some cheap hotels in York?
Are there any 5-star hotels in York?
Are there any hotels in York close to a golf course?
Which hotels in York are family-friendly?
How much is a hotel in York for tonight?
How much is a hotel in York for this weekend?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in York?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in York by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best York hotels
Go to map