Toronto car hire information
|Car types||4x4, Commercial, Compact, Convertible, Economy, Full-size, Intermediate, Luxury, Mini, People mover, Premium, Standard, Van|
|Popular agencies||SURPRICE CAR RENTAL , Hertz, Budget, E-Z Rent-A-Car, Routes Car & Truck Rentals|
Cheap Car Rental Toronto
Toronto car hire reviews and directory
Car hire locations in Toronto
Good to know
|Most popular agency||Hertz|
|Most popular car type||Intermediate|
When to book a hire car in Toronto
Top tips for hiring a car in Toronto
- Looking to rent a car during your time in Toronto? If you are landing at Toronto Pearson International Airport, you will find the hire car desks on Level 1 of both the Terminal 1 and Terminal 3 parking garages. For travelers flying into Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport, the Avis hire car desk is adjacent to the baggage claim area and the Enterprise counter is by the Eireann Quay parking lot.
- Drivers should keep their eyes open for both streetcars and buses in the downtown area, as both are commonplace. For buses, drivers must be aware that legally you have to yield to buses merging into traffic. As for streetcars, it is illegal to pass a stopped streetcar because you must yield to the passengers disembarking.
- Toronto, like many other large cities, suffers from daily bouts of rush hour. Typically, drivers can expect rush hour to last from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. and from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. The evening rush hour can be particularly congested for drivers leaving the downtown area, so it is highly advised to time your trip accordingly. Some of the main areas to avoid during rush hour include Highway 401 and Don Valley Parkway.
- Drivers new to Toronto should be aware that left turns are not allowed at many of the intersections in the downtown area during rush hour. To avoid any complications due to this, even confident drivers should make certain to use a GPS to help them navigate rush hour traffic.
- 25% of our users found a car hire in Toronto for $41 or less
- Book your car hire in Toronto at least 1 day before your trip in order to get a below-average price
- Full-size car hires in Toronto are around 50% cheaper than other car types, on average
FAQs about hiring a car in Toronto
How much does it cost to hire a car in Toronto?
On average a hire car in Toronto costs $49 per day.
What is the most popular car hire in Toronto?
Intermediate (Toyota Corolla or similar) is the most frequently booked car hire type in Toronto.
What is the cheapest car hire agency in Toronto?
What is the best car hire agency in Toronto?
Which car hire agencies are at the airport: Pearson Intl Airport (YYZ)?
Which car hire agencies are at the airport: Toronto Island Airport (YTZ)?
Which car hire companies will pick you up at the airport: Pearson Intl Airport (YYZ)?
Which car hire companies will pick you up at the airport: Toronto Island Airport (YTZ)?
Which car hire companies will pick you up at the airport: Kitchener-Waterloo Airport (YKF)?
The only car hire company that offers shuttle or pick-up services from Kitchener-Waterloo Airport to off-airport locations is Enterprise.
What is the cheapest car hire location in Toronto?
In the last 72 hours the cheapest hire car price was found at SURPRICE CAR RENTAL 6301 Silver Dart Dr L5P 1B2 (20 kilometres from the city centre).
How can I find a car hire near me in Toronto?
Take a look at our extensive car hire location map to find the best car hire deals near you.
How much does a Intermediate car hire cost in Toronto?
A Intermediate car hire in Toronto costs $46 per day, on average.
How much does a Compact car hire cost in Toronto?
A Compact car hire in Toronto costs $64 per day, on average.
How much does a Economy car hire cost in Toronto?
A Economy car hire in Toronto costs $50 per day, on average.
What is the most popular car hire location in Toronto?
In Toronto, cars are most frequently hired at Routes Car & Truck Rentals 3687 Nashua Dr. (20.79 km from city centre ).
How much does it cost to hire a car for a week in Toronto?
On average hiring a car in Toronto costs $345 per week ($49 per day).
How much does it cost to hire a car long term for a month in Toronto?
On average a car hire in Toronto costs $1,477 per month ($49 per day).
What type of car is recommended for driving in Toronto?
Toronto, like many large cities, has many one-way roads and smaller streets that can be difficult for larger vehicles to navigate. So it is recommended that would-be car renters select a midsize or compact car rather than an SUV. As well, larger vehicles will particularly struggle to find space to park downtown.
What's the speed limit in Toronto?
The speed limits in Toronto, and Ontario as a whole, range from 40 km/h (25 mph) in school zones and residential areas to 50 km/h (31 mph) on urban roads, to 80 km/h (50 mph) on rural highways, and up to 100 km/h (62 mph) on expressways and highways.
How are gas prices in Toronto?
Toronto, fortunately for drivers, has fairly cheap petrol prices, especially in comparison to many of the other major cities in the world. The average petrol price is around Can$3.78 ($2.87) per gallon, which is quite cheap in comparison to Sydney’s average price of $3.50 and Edinburgh’s $6. Drivers from other countries should note, though, that petrol is bought per liter in Toronto, not per gallon.
Where are the best places to park in Toronto?
Streetside parking can be very difficult to find in the central downtown areas of Toronto, especially when an event, such as a Toronto Raptors game, is going on. Aside from streetside parallel parking, parking garages are the main option available. In general, the garages are your best bet for parking, particularly if you are planning on heading downtown.