MEL - CHC
Find cheap flights from Melbourne to Christchurch
Good to know
|February||Best time to beat the crowds (20% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (36% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|$287||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
When to book flights from Melbourne to Christchurch
Top tips for finding a cheap flight
- Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for $253 or less.
- The cheapest flight from Melbourne to Christchurch was found, on average, 37 days before departure.
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be November, December and January. The cheapest month to fly is February.
- Morning departure is around 2% cheaper than an evening flight, on average*.
- Christchurch International Airport (CHC), your destination if you are planning a flight from Melbourne to Christchurch, is serviced non-stop from Melbourne International Airport by several airlines including Emirates, Jetstar and Air New Zealand, the national airline that maintains a hub at Christchurch Airport.
- First time visitors to Melbourne International Airport may be interested to know that Flight Centre, a travel agency, is located on the second floor of the International Departures lounge in Terminal 2, opposite check-in counters F and G. Here you can book accommodations and tours at your destination, as well as purchase traveller’s cheques and get other tourist-related information.
- For travellers who enjoy airport shopping, Melbourne Airport offers the ultimate in retail therapy: T2 Luxury is a collection of premium retail stores in the International Departures lounge after the security checkpoint. Emporio Armani, Salvatore Ferragamo and Watches of Switzerland are among the tax-free options you can browse through there.
- If you’re thinking of having something to eat before your flight from Melbourne to Christchurch, you can peruse the cooked-to-order menu at Air Bar & Lounge, enjoy delicious baked goods at Muffin Break or try the exotic fare at Nando’s, all of which are located before the security area. Once on the airside, you’ll find further options in the form of Urban Provodore and Bar Pulpo.
- Need a place to charge your phone or other mobile device while at Melbourne Airport? If so, you will be happy to know that there are mobile phone charging stations for you to use in Terminals 2, 3 and 4. The Mezzanine Level in Terminal 2 has four (Gates 1-4); there are six in Terminal 3 (Gates 4-9); and there is one in the main food court in Terminal 4.
FAQs for booking Melbourne to Christchurch flights
How long does a flight from Melbourne to Christchurch take?
Which airlines provide the cheapest flights from Melbourne to Christchurch?
Which airports will I be using when flying from Melbourne to Christchurch?
Are there any family facilities at Christchurch Airport?
What cash exchange options are there at Christchurch Airport?
Is there a place to park at Christchurch Airport?
Are there any on-site hotels at Christchurch Airport?
How does KAYAK find such low prices on flights from Melbourne to Christchurch?
How does KAYAK's flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy my flight ticket from Melbourne to Christchurch?
What is the Hacker Fare option on flights from Melbourne to Christchurch?
What is KAYAK's "flexible dates" feature and why should I care when looking for a flight from Melbourne to Christchurch?
Top 5 airlines serving Melbourne to Christchurch
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights from Melbourne to Christchurch
Recent return flight deals
Search by stops
Recent one-way flight deals
Search by stops
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.