Find cheap flights to Christchurch
Good to know
|February||Best time to beat the crowds (3% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (13% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|$319||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Christchurch
- Looking for cheap airfare to Christchurch? 25% of our users found return tickets to Christchurch for the following prices or less: From Melbourne $251, from Canberra $448, from Townsville $633
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Christchurch is November.
- For people traveling with children, baby care rooms are available in both the Domestic and International Terminals at Christchurch Airport, offering a quiet space to change and feed infants. Head to the Kids’ Zone in International Arrivals if you need to keep your kids entertained, or go to one of the information desks to request a Mini Explorer Passport Activity Book and crayons. You could also walk to the International Antarctic Centre, which offers an interactive experience for the whole family.
- Luggage storage is available at Christchurch Airport at Luggage Solutions, located on the ground floor. Travellers can store luggage, bicycles or sports equipment, and long term discounts are offered if you’re using the service for more than seven days. Luggage wrapping, bubble wrapping and wine boxes are also available.
- If you wish to rent a car after your flight to Christchurch, there are six vehicle rental companies at the airport, located at International Terminal Arrivals. They offer cars and camper vans, and you can pre-book your vehicle online or rent it on the spot. A shuttle service is available to pick up and drop customers off at the depot where rental cars are parked.
- Should you need a quiet space to hold a last minute meeting, head to South Bar and Café on Level 1. The establishment has meeting rooms available to hire; The Canterbury Room seats up to 12 people, is IT-equipped and has catering available upon request for an extra fee.
- Christchurch Airport has two Air New Zealand lounges located in the Domestic and International Terminals, both accessible to passengers with a lounge membership. Manaia Lounge in International Departures is accessible to passengers who have a Priority Pass, which gives you access to over 1,000 lounges in the world. All lounges at Christchurch Airport offer beverages, newspapers, business facilities and showers.
FAQs - booking Christchurch flights
Which airlines have a flexible cancellation policy for flights from Australia to Christchurch due to COVID-19?
Which airlines apply social distancing measures on flights from Australia to Christchurch due to COVID-19?
How long is the flight to Christchurch?
What is the cheapest flight to Christchurch?
Which airlines fly to Christchurch?
How far is Christchurch airport from central Christchurch?
What is the name of Christchurch’s airport?
How can I travel from Christchurch Airport to the city centre using public transport?
How can I travel from Christchurch Airport to the city centre using a taxi?
Are there any on-site airport hotels at Christchurch Airport?
Where can I go to freshen up at Christchurch Airport?
How does KAYAK find such low prices on flights to Christchurch?
How does KAYAK's flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy my flight ticket to Christchurch?
What is the Hacker Fare option on flights to Christchurch?
What is KAYAK's "flexible dates" feature and why should I care when looking for a flight to Christchurch?
Top 5 airlines flying to Christchurch
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Flights to Christchurch
Recent return flight deals
Search by stops
Recent one-way flight deals
Search by stops
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.