MEL - DEL
Find cheap flights from Melbourne to New Delhi
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
When to book flights from Melbourne to New Delhi
Top tips for finding a cheap flight
- Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for $796 or less.
- The cheapest flight from Melbourne to New Delhi was found, on average, 82 days before departure.
- Book at least 6 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- Morning departure is around 16% more expensive than an evening flight, on average*.
*Average of the lowest prices shown in KAYAK’s search results for departures within the next 30 days
- If you’re planning a flight from Melbourne to New Delhi, it’s probably best to look for a direct flight. Air India offers non-stop flights from Melbourne International Airport or Melbourne Airport to Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL), also known as New Delhi Airport.
- Indira Gandhi International Airport otherwise known as New Delhi Airport is the main international point of entry to India and is the busiest airport in the country. It has three terminals, of which Terminal 3 is the international terminal, and the airport acts as the hub for several airlines, including Air India, Jet Airways and Zoom Air.
- Passengers at New Delhi Airport looking for a place to relax between connecting flights can stop by SAMS -Snooze at My Place and enjoy a comfortable sleep pod that comes equipped with amenities like a work desk and mini bar. This can be found at Terminal 3 of the airport.
- If you’re travelling with your pet on your flight from Melbourne to New Delhi, you should know that Hanrob Pet Hotel is located close to Melbourne Airport and offers a few services, including accommodation, training and day care for your pet. Be sure to check with your airline to find out more information about flying with pets.
- If you wish to park your car at Melbourne Avalon Airport while you’re away on business or pleasure, you’ll be happy to know that there are at terminal car parks and value car parks that connect to the terminals via shuttle. There is also a Long-Term Car Park that has a shuttle bus to each terminal and Premium Car Parking is also an option.
FAQs for booking Melbourne to New Delhi flights
Book cheap flights from Melbourne to New Delhi (return)
Pros: Seats were very comfortable and so were the entertainment options
Cons: The food was really sub-par in terms of quality. Also the it took over an hour for bags to come through which if we are flying business is a little sub-par
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.