Find cheap flights to Mumbai
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Mumbai
- Looking for cheap airfare to Mumbai? 25% of our users found return tickets to Mumbai for the following prices or less: From Perth $847, from Melbourne $1,064, from Sydney Kingsford Smith $1,090
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be February, March and April. The cheapest month to fly to Mumbai is March.
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport (BOM), also known as Mumbai Airport, serves the city of Mumbai as its main international airport and has the unusual feature of being divided between two distinct locations: Sahar Airport, otherwise known as International Terminal 2, and Santa Cruz Airport, often referred to as Domestic Terminal 1.
- If Mumbai is not your final destination and you need a connecting flight to elsewhere in India, you should be aware that the two terminals at Mumbai Airport are about five kilometres apart and connected by airport shuttle – make sure you allow for extra time when you plan your travel itinerary before booking.
- International visitors on flights to Mumbai can rest easy knowing that there are several banks at Mumbai Airport to help with currency exchange transactions, financial services and cash advances. State Bank of India, Indusind Bank and Citibank all have convenient locations in Arrivals and Departures at both terminals.
- If you decide to drive, you’ll be pleased to know that parking is available at both Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 of Mumbai Airport. Terminal 1 has about 740 parking spaces while the lot at Terminal 2 can hold six times as many cars with an additional 500 spaces for two-wheeled vehicles.
- Feel the need to relax before your flight? If you do, Terminal 2 has two lounges, Aviserve Lounge and Travel Club, where you can spend a bit of downtime in comfortable surroundings. If you’re in Terminal 1 you can enjoy the ambience of Loyalty Lounge or Carnations Lounge, which is open 24 hours a day.
FAQs - booking Mumbai flights
How long is the flight to Mumbai?
What is the cheapest flight to Mumbai?
The cheapest airline ticket to Mumbai from Australia in the last 72 hours was $825 return on the route Sydney to Mumbai. The most popular route is Sydney to Mumbai and the cheapest ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was $825 return.
Which airlines fly to Mumbai?
How far is Mumbai airport from central Mumbai?
Mumbai Airport is 15 kilometres from the centre of Mumbai. View on map.
What is the name of Mumbai’s airport?
Mumbai is served by Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji Airport, also commonly referred to as Chhatrapati Shivaji, Sahar Intl, or simply Mumbai Airport. The airport code is BOM.
Are there any hotels that offer a free shuttle to Mumbai Airport?
Due to traffic congestion concerns in Mumbai, short stay and business travellers should consider staying at one of the nearby airport hotels, which provide a complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport. Waterstones Hotel, Airport Metro Mumbai and Hotel Airport International are a few hotels located in the vicinity of the airport.
What are the family facilities at Mumbai Airport?
If you’re taking the kids with you on your flight to Mumbai, you should know that Mumbai Airport does have a Children’s Play Area on the third floor of Terminal 2. In addition, you will find Children’s Care Rooms pre-security in Terminals 1A and 1B, and at three locations in Terminal 2, including in the check-in area.
What’s the best way to get from Mumbai Airport to downtown Mumbai?
Public transportation from Mumbai Airport to the city centre does present its challenges (cramped trains and no direct services), especially after a long flight, so your best bet is to get a prepaid taxi from the airport or rent a car. Otherwise, you’ll have to get a bus to a train station such as Vile Parle Railway Station or Andheri East Railway Station.
Are there any dining options at Mumbai Airport?
Mumbai Airport has a good selection for the hungry traveller to choose from, including several fast food/takeaway options like Subway and Al Shawarma on Level 4 of the International Departures lounge, or Punjab Grill and Fresco Company on Level 3 of the Domestic Departures lounge.
Book Cheap Flights to Mumbai(Return)
Pros: Fast boarding. Early arrival. Comfortable seat.
Cons: I had to ask 3 times for an arrival card from the crew. Bread was dry. There should have been a breakfast served prior to landing, but no food service after 1 a.m. though flight arrived at 7:40 a.m. Timing of meals was not convenient for me at all. They wake you up at 1 a.m. for your main dinner. I would have preferred to sleep until 5 a.m. then have a good breakfast. The amenity kit in Business Class was substandard when compared to other airlines
Pros: The whole Business experience on SQ
Cons: During the same trip I discovered 2 different arrangements of the Business Class cabin on Singapore Airlines A350, SQ469 CMB-SIN, and SQ036 SIN-LAX. On the SQ036, I occupied seat 15 A (mono, aisle-window): I did not understand the reasoning behind this layout: Seat facing straight the front of the aircraft, but not enough space to stretch the legs, and limited height for the footrest, feet getting hurled against a ceiling very quickly, and also footrest only on one side = one foot. The deep cavity, that is probably meant to house the lie-flat disposition, is at a 45° angle with the general direction of the seat. I am 77 and not in any way a contortionist. I decided that the best course of action was to remain seated for the duration of the 14:30 hours, flight without extending my legs. Maybe the crew could have explained how the passenger is supposed to fit into that weird design, but I did not ask, afraid that the demonstration might reawaken chronic shoulder and hip pain. I would be glad to read (not test) how this configuration is supposed to convey the sense of comfort expected from a Business Class ticket. It did nothing of the kind for me.
Look for other cheap flights to Mumbai
- Flights »
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.