MEL - BNE
Find cheap flights from Melbourne to Brisbane
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
When to book flights from Melbourne to Brisbane
Top tips for finding a cheap flight
- Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for $221 or less.
- The cheapest flight from Melbourne to Brisbane was found, on average, 42 days before departure.
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- Morning departure is around 55% cheaper than an evening flight, on average*.
*Average of the lowest prices shown in KAYAK’s search results for departures within the next 30 days
- Flights from Melbourne to Brisbane can be carried out on a range of different budget and standard airlines, with flights arriving at Brisbane Airport. Brisbane Airport serves the metropolitan area of Brisbane, as well as the region of southeast Queensland. The airport lies approximately 20-40 minutes away from the city centre via public transport.
- Getting into Brisbane city centre from the airport is quick and easy with the train. Brisbane’s AirTrain system can take you from Brisbane Airport to the city centre in approximately 20-25 minutes. Fares for the AirTrain can vary depending on tourist passes and other promotions, but a single ticket will cost you around $15.
- For a more private transfer to your hotel after your flight from Melbourne to Brisbane, you can hire a taxi. Taxis are operated by Black and White Cabs and Yellow Cabs, and both will have cars waiting in the taxi rank located outside the arrivals area. A fare from the airport to the centre will cost around $45-55.
- As far as dining options, Melbourne Airport has you covered. Travellers can choose from a diverse selection of airport restaurant options located at several points throughout the airport. Options include bistros, noodle restaurants, cafes, juice shops and many others to get a quick bite in before boarding begins.
- If you’re connecting to somewhere else in the Brisbane or south-eastern Queensland areas after your flight, you can connect to the Queensland Rail suburban train network via a transfer from the AirTrain. This transfer departs directly from the airport to minimise hassle. Fares for the regional train transfer via AirTrain start at approximately $15.
FAQs for booking Melbourne to Brisbane flights
Book cheap flights from Melbourne to Brisbane (return)
Cons: 5 people checked in but didn’t show up at the gate Which made for a late take off so when we landed in Brisbane I didn’t have enough time to even get food or exchange my money as I had planned. Which in the airline industry happens often I understand just crazy how many things went wrong that day.
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.