MEL - SIN
Find cheap flights from Melbourne to Singapore
Book cheap flights from Melbourne to Singapore (return)
Pros: The Staff were friendly and efficient, considering the flight time being very short. The Flight Crew got us to our destination 10 mins ahead of schedule, considering also that we were 15 mins behind sitting on the runway for take off, which in effect meant they made up 25 mins. Fantastic job. The Aircraft was clean and well maintained. The seats were comfortable in economy for me, but unfortunately my Husband being a larger tall man was cramped and didn’t have a lot of room to move.
Cons: As the flight was very short the choice of food was limited and the selection was not good, as the choice I required ran out at the first two rows, which were not occupied by many passengers at all. A very light passenger load. The pricing was a little high for the snacks and tiny bottles of water.
Pros: Crew were professional, friendly and efficient. Aircraft was clean in the cabin and in good serviced condition. Check in Staff were efficient, friendly and professional.
Cons: Seating configuration in economy very small. My Husband is a tall, big man and was cramped by the seat pitch, which made his trip very uncomfortable. To think that we have to pay for such an essential item to life as WATER, when it is free on most other airlines....or at the very least you can get a glass of water. I couldn’t believe the charge price for a tiny bottle of water and the fact that you can’t even get a glass of water either. This is an outrage and a rip off to customers.
Pros: Comfortable and modern plane with good services and good communication. We had a minor delay due to poor weather but pilot and staff communicated the situation well and took safety precautions. Good entertainment options and food.
Pros: For the price that we paid, it included 30kg baggage and refreshment (orange juice, water, coffee, a slice of pizza and a muffin) - it was worth it. The legroom is spacious, the seat was comfortable and the cabin crew was awesome. Flight was on time, check in was acceptable (considering people travelling from Bandung has a lot of check in baggage due to shopping).
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
When to book flights from Melbourne to Singapore
Top tips for finding a cheap flight
- Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for $569 or less.
- The cheapest flight from Melbourne to Singapore was found, on average, 79 days before departure.
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- Morning departure is around 12% more expensive than an evening flight, on average*.
*Average of the lowest prices shown in KAYAK’s search results for departures within the next 30 days
- There are two airports in Melbourne that offer flights from Melbourne to Singapore – Melbourne Airport offers the majority of flights, with carriers such as Qantas, Emirates, Singapore airlines and low-cost Singaporean airline Scoot operating direct flights. Qantas also offers flights operated by Jetstar from Avalon Airport in Melbourne, but these have a stopover in Sydney and are far less frequent.
- If you feel like cooling down after your flight to Singapore, venture up to the rooftop pool at the Aerotel Airport Transit Hotel at T1 Singapore Changi Airport. There is no entry fee for hotel guests, but there is a fee of around SGD17 (approximately AUD17) if you are just dropping by for a quick swim and cool off.
- For travellers on flights from Melbourne to Singapore who want to have something to eat before boarding, there are a number of restaurants and coffee shops in T2 at Melbourne Airport. From coffee shops such as Hudsons Coffee and Muffin Break to restaurants like Bà Xã, Nandos or Bar Pulpo, there will be something to suit every palate.
- Travellers who are Hello Kitty fans will be delighted to know that there is a Hello Kitty Orchid Garden in the T3 arrivals hall of Singapore Changi Airport. The menu has various breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea options, all created with a Hello Kitty theme, and provides the perfect place to hide away from the hubbub of the airport in amongst the greenery of the restaurant.
- Movie fanatics who have layovers between flights from Melbourne to Singapore and the next destination can visit one of the two cinemas located in the airport in Singapore – one in T2 and the other in T3. These operate 24 hours a day and offer the chance to watch a range of blockbuster movies completely free of charge.
FAQs for booking Melbourne to Singapore flights
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.