Find cheap flights to Athens
Good to know
|February||Best time to beat the crowds (3% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (10% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|$990||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Athens
- Looking for cheap airfare to Athens? 25% of our users found return tickets to Athens for the following prices or less: From Darwin $747, from Melbourne $1,206, from Canberra $1,562
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Athens is November.
- There are no direct flights to Athens from Australia, but most airlines offer flights with only one stopover. Budget airline Scoot is one of these; it flies from Melbourne and Sydney with one stopover, however depending on the flight you book you might end up with a very long wait between flights.
- Luggage storage and lockers are available at Athens Eleftherios V. Airport. Head to Care4Bag in the Arrivals area next to Gate 1; the service is open 24 hours a day and charges various rates depending on the time period and size of your bag. They also offer luggage wrapping in the Departures area.
- If you are traveling with kids, head to the children’s play area in the main terminal building. It is on the second floor, open from 9am to 9pm, free of charge to use and suitable for kids between 18 months and 7 years of age. Children must be escorted by parents at all times. There are also baby rooms throughout the airport, which are suitable for feeding and changing.
- If you have some time before or after your flight to Athens, head to the Art & Culture Exhibition Area in Arrivals. This is where the airport hosts a number of art and cultural events throughout the year, including exhibitions and book presentations – you will surely find something of interest to help you pass the time. If you prefer a bit of history, head to one of the three archaeological museums or exhibitions located in the main terminal.
- For those arriving on a flight to Athens during the night, you’ll be glad to know that most food and drink spots and shops in the duty-free area are open 24 hours at Athens Eleftherios V. Airport. If you need to pick up a few grocery items before you head home or to your accommodation, there is also a mini-market in Arrivals offering fresh produce, bakery products and other grocery items.
FAQs - booking Athens flights
What is the cheapest flight to Athens?
How far is Athens airport from central Athens?
What is the name of Athens’s airport?
How can I travel from Athens Eleftherios V. Airport to the city centre by public transport?
How much is a taxi fare from Athens Eleftherios V. Airport to the city centre?
Are there any airport lounges at Athens Eleftherios V. Airport?
Are there any on-site airport hotels at Athens Eleftherios V. Airport?
How does KAYAK find such low prices on flights to Athens?
How does KAYAK's flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy my flight ticket to Athens?
What is the Hacker Fare option on flights to Athens?
What is KAYAK's "flexible dates" feature and why should I care when looking for a flight to Athens?
Top 5 airlines flying to Athens Eleftherios V.
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Flights to Athens
Recent return flight deals
Search by stops
Recent one-way flight deals
Search by stops
Look for other cheap flights to Athens
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.