CBR - MEL
Find cheap flights from Canberra to Melbourne
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
When to book flights from Canberra to Melbourne
Top tips for finding a cheap flight
- Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for $230 or less.
- The cheapest flight from Canberra to Melbourne was found, on average, 90 days before departure.
- Book at least 5 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be September, October and November. The cheapest month to fly is June.
- The Melbourne or Tullamarine Airport (MEL) is the city’s major international airport, located about 30min north of downtown Melbourne. If you’re looking for an alternative, the Avalon Airport (AVV) is the next closest, located about 1h from Melbourne.
- If you’ve got a ride to Canberra Airport (CBR), there is a quick and free drop-off point along the upper roadway, just across from the check-in.
- If you're getting picked up from the Melbourne Airport, you can find 1min pick-up zones directly outside Terminal 2. If your ride gets there early, they can find a wait zone near the long-term parking, where the first 20min is free.
- If you’d like to pick up some last minute supplies before you flight from Canberra to Melbourne, news@CBR in the Departure Area of Canberra Airport is open 7 days a week from 05:00–21:30 and offers reading materials, snacks, and some basic travel supplies, such as headphones.
- The Melbourne Airport’s Traveller’s Information Service (TIS) offers resources that can help you make the most of what the city has to offer. The desk is in the International Arrivals Area in Terminal 2 (also accessible from Terminal 3).
- If you’re heading to Canberra Airport for an early flight, keep in mind that the airport terminal is not open 24h. Doors are open from 04:30 until 30min after the last flight.
FAQs for booking Canberra to Melbourne flights
Book cheap flights from Canberra to Melbourne (return)
Pros: Always great crew but the 737-800 is too cramped for east-west flights and hardly any leg room.
Cons: Larger less cramped jet. Toilets at rear and everytime someone tried to move around a guy standing in aisle next to me talking to another passenger i got hit. After about the 3rd time i almost landed in the back of the seat infront of me. I had words and he moved. Couldnt put seat back as not enough room. Got off jet with neck cramped...got on jet via rear door after walk and wait about 10 minutes on hot tarnac with sun belting into back of the unfortunate rear seaters...hostess apologised but i felt sorry for any older/ sick people. We were cooking on a hot plate like prawns !!!
Cons: Flight delayed initially because of a cracked window, was an hour late before it was communicated. Then on a new aircraft, forced to return to the gate when cabin crew identified a vacuum cleaner part as a suspicious item. All told 2hrs 15 mins late.
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.