MEL - BKK
Find cheap flights from Melbourne to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport
Book cheap flights from Melbourne to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport (return)
Pros: The Business Class bed was nice
Cons: The whole experience was terrible. Scoot decided to - delay flight by 45 minutes without telling me. I discovered this by checking myself - chartered a Singapore Airlines Boeing 777-200 and then reduced then quality of every Business Class service (no entertainment system videos or music, no alcohol or soft drinks - only water, only Economy class food. There was no apology from Scoot (who are a subsidiary of Singapore Airlines) and none from Singapore Airlines. There was no suggestion of any refunds or other compensation. Truly a disgrace. I will never fly on either Singapore Airlines or Scoot airline again. I am seeking further compensation through Australian Fair Trading and through Class Action Lawyers (as this impacted every passenger on this flight, not just Business Class)
Cons: food was so bad. bread/roll was served long after the food is served, due to zoning assignments. NO FREAKING INFLIGHT ENtERtainment the whole FReaking 14hrs of flight time. very poor, very bad for expensive airfare tickets
Pros: On the Honolulu to Manila flight the crew were attentive and pleasant. I was comfortable and had TV to pass some of the hours on board. On the Manila to Singapore, there was no TV and the crew were less pleasant.
Cons: The young crew on the Manila to Singapore flight could have seen the journey as more of an opportunity to actually do their job rather than a chance to sit at the back chatting. When I approached one for a hot water bottle as it was freezing, she screwed up her face at my request and turned and spoke to her colleague in a language I couldn't understand making me feel uncomfortable. One of the worst things though was the food. Throughout the whole flight from Oahu to Singapore, there were no vegetarian options (even the mid flight sandwich had ham and cheese). Further, you were served a hot meal almost within an hour of being in the air, then had to wait about six hours for the snack and then another hot meal was served within three hours of that at a very rushed pace making the experience very unenjoyable. This happened on the way to oahu also so it is something that they practice regularly. Terminal 2 at Manila is also terrible if you have a long layover!
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
When to book flights from Melbourne to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi
Top tips for finding a cheap flight
- Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for $539 or less.
- The cheapest flight from Melbourne to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport was found, on average, 64 days before departure.
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- Morning departure is around 35% more expensive than an evening flight, on average*.
*Average of the lowest prices shown in KAYAK’s search results for departures within the next 30 days
- When booking your flights from Melbourne to Bangkok, it is useful to know that there are two international airports in Bangkok – Suvarnabhumi Airport, commonly known as Bangkok Airport, and the smaller Don Mueang International airport. Most direct flights from Australia fly into the larger Bangkok Airport.
- If you are continuing your journey from Bangkok and need to travel between the airports, there is a shuttle bus available. You can find the stop outside the main terminal of Don Mueang Airport or from beside gate 3 on the second floor. If you need to get around Bangkok Airport, there is a free airport shuttle bus to help you.
- For those looking for convenient accommodation as close to the airport as possible, there are two hotels in the terminal itself. The Miracle Transit Hotel is located in the terminal’s secure zone, whereas the Boxtel is better suited to those who have time to leave the airport, located out by the Airport Link station.
- When you’re ready to leave the airport, the Airport Rail Link is the fastest way to get you from the airport to downtown Bangkok, only taking 15 minutes by train. However, the Express Bus is a more affordable option with four different routes, including one down Khaosan Road.
- For those who want to freshen up after a long flight to Bangkok, you can find showers at the Miracle Transit Hotel and the Miracle Lounges on level 4 and level 3 for a small fee. Alternatively, you can relax and unwind at the Chang Massage and Spa in Terminal 3.
FAQs for booking Melbourne to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport flights
Melbourne - Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport Flights
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.