MEL - BKK
Find cheap flights from Melbourne to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport
Good to know
|August||Best time to beat the crowds (18% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (39% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|$530||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
When to book flights from Melbourne to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi
Top tips for finding a cheap flight
- Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for $528 or less.
- The cheapest flight from Melbourne to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport was found, on average, 63 days before departure.
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be November, December and January. The cheapest month to fly is August.
- Morning departure is around 4% cheaper than an evening flight, on average*.
- When booking your flights from Melbourne to Bangkok, it is useful to know that there are two international airports in Bangkok – Suvarnabhumi Airport, commonly known as Bangkok Airport, and the smaller Don Mueang International airport. Most direct flights from Australia fly into the larger Bangkok Airport.
- If you are continuing your journey from Bangkok and need to travel between the airports, there is a shuttle bus available. You can find the stop outside the main terminal of Don Mueang Airport or from beside gate 3 on the second floor. If you need to get around Bangkok Airport, there is a free airport shuttle bus to help you.
- For those looking for convenient accommodation as close to the airport as possible, there are two hotels in the terminal itself. The Miracle Transit Hotel is located in the terminal’s secure zone, whereas the Boxtel is better suited to those who have time to leave the airport, located out by the Airport Link station.
- When you’re ready to leave the airport, the Airport Rail Link is the fastest way to get you from the airport to downtown Bangkok, only taking 15 minutes by train. However, the Express Bus is a more affordable option with four different routes, including one down Khaosan Road.
- For those who want to freshen up after a long flight to Bangkok, you can find showers at the Miracle Transit Hotel and the Miracle Lounges on level 4 and level 3 for a small fee. Alternatively, you can relax and unwind at the Chang Massage and Spa in Terminal 3.
FAQs for booking Melbourne to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport flights
How long does a flight from Melbourne to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport take?
How many flights are there between Melbourne and Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport?
Which airlines provide the cheapest flights from Melbourne to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport?
Which airlines fly most frequently between Melbourne and Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport?
What’s the cheapest day of the week to fly from Melbourne to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport?
How do I get to the Melbourne Airport from the city?
Where can I park at the Melbourne Airport?
Are there any passenger lounges at the Melbourne Airport?
What is there to do at Melbourne Airport?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines serving Melbourne to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights from Melbourne to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport (return)
Book cheap flights from Melbourne to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport (one-way)
Melbourne - Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport Flights
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.