MEL - PER
Find cheap flights from Melbourne to Perth
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
When to book flights from Melbourne to Perth
Top tips for finding a cheap flight
- Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for $365 or less.
- The cheapest flight from Melbourne to Perth was found, on average, 69 days before departure.
- Book at least 4 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- Morning departure is around 38% cheaper than an evening flight, on average*.
*Average of the lowest prices shown in KAYAK’s search results for departures within the next 30 days
- Direct flights from Melbourne to Perth fly into Perth Airport on a daily basis. There are four main carriers on this route – the national carrier, Qantas, Virgin Australia, and the low-cost airlines Tiger Airways Australia and Jetstar. Qantas flies into T4 at Perth Airport, Jetstar lands at T3 while the other airlines land at T2.
- For travellers on Qantas flights from Melbourne to Perth who want to have something to eat before boarding, there are a number of restaurants and coffee shops in T1 at Melbourne Airport. For morning flights, you can visit Gloria Jean’s or Gian Carlo for coffee, or if you are flying later on, try Pasta Pomodoro, Oporto or Billie Chu’s – all providing menus with international flavours.
- If you are travelling to Perth to explore Western Australia and need to hire a car, look no further than the car hire operators located near the baggage claim areas of each terminal at Perth Airport. Book your car in advance with no cancellation or booking fee and collect the keys upon presentation of your credit card when you arrive. Avis, Budget, Europcar and Thrifty are among the car hire companies located at the airport.
- For travellers with babies on flights from Melbourne to Perth you will be happy to know that Melbourne Airport has parenting rooms located throughout the terminals. These facilities allow parents to tend to their baby’s needs in peace, away from the noise of the terminal, before boarding a flight. The rooms have baby change facilities and some of them have a feeding chair, so you can feed your baby in comfort.
- If your time in Perth is limited and you want to explore without carrying your luggage, there are baggage storage facilities in all terminals at Perth Airport. The costs vary depending on luggage locker size and range between AUD12 for 24 hours for the smallest to AUD16 for 24 hours for the largest locker size.
FAQs for booking Melbourne to Perth flights
Book cheap flights from Melbourne to Perth (return)
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.