Find cheap flights to Calgary
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Calgary
- Looking for cheap airfare to Calgary? 25% of our users found return tickets to Calgary for the following prices or less: From Sydney Kingsford Smith $1,448, from Brisbane $1,485, from Melbourne $1,580
- Book at least 1 week before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, February and December. The cheapest month to fly to Calgary is October.
- The Calgary International Airport (YYC) has two connected terminals, split into five concourses. If you need to travel between terminals, the YYC Passenger Shuttle connects Concourses A and D/E. The trip will take about 5min.
- Calgary Airport is the busiest airport in Alberta, Canada, and is considered the gateway of the region. The Edmonton International Airport (YEG) is a secondary option, about a 3h drive from Calgary; however, due to its size and proximity, the Calgary Airport is the most popular choice.
- If you’re looking to explore the Rocky Mountains, Calgary Airport is about 1h away from the Banff National Park at the foot of the Rockies. Within a 2h drive of the airport, you can also easily access Radium Hot Springs or Lake Louise.
- As the area’s major international airport, many nearby towns are also serviced by the Calgary Airport. For example, Lethbridge or Medicine Hat to the south, or Red Deer to the north. Northern Montana is also only a 3h drive from the airport.
- While you cannot find direct flights from Australia to Calgary, there are many options with only a single stopover. For example, Qantas Airways flies via Los Angeles, Air Canada flies via Vancouver, and United Airways flies via Houston or San Francisco.
- If you need to store your bags at the Calgary Airport, you can find lockers available for coats and luggage in the Arrivals Area by the information booth.
FAQs - booking Calgary flights
How long is the flight to Calgary?
Which airlines fly to Calgary?
How far is Calgary airport from central Calgary?
Calgary Airport is 9 kilometres from the centre of Calgary. View on map.
What is the name of Calgary’s airport?
Calgary is served by Calgary Airport, also commonly referred to as Calgary, Calgary Intl, McCall Field. The airport code is YYC.
Where can I find additional assistance at the Calgary Airport?
For general airport or flight information, you can find the InfoCentre in the International and Domestic Arrivals. For more information on the airport amenities or advice on the general Calgary area, the White Hat Volunteers patrol the airport dispensing friendly advice. They are easy to spot in their red vests and white cowboy hats. You can even order a unique White Hat Ceremony to greet you at the Arrivals Area.
Are there any onsite hotels at the Calgary Airport?
If you’re flying in late to Calgary Airport and want to stay somewhere close by, there is a wide range of hotels surrounding the airport. The closest are the Marriott In-Terminal Hotel and the Delta Hotels Calgary Airport. Both hotels are connected to the terminal by an indoor walkway, with the Delta Hotel just across from the main terminal and the Marriot next door to the terminal.
Where can I pick up some local currency at the Calgary Airport?
Travelex Currency Exchange counters are available in both the International Arrivals and Domestic Arrivals area, where you can pick up some local Canadian dollars. The counters are open from 09:30 in the International Arrivals, or 07:00 in the Domestic Arrivals. You can also find ATMs dispensing Canadian dollars throughout the terminals which can be used 24h.
Do I need a visa to go to Calgary?
Before entering Calgary, Australian passport holders will need to apply for a Canadian eTA visa online. This will grant you entrance for a stay of up to 90 days. This can be done up to 72h before your flight. Once you apply, you will be sent a confirmation email almost immediately. You will not need to bring the confirmation to the Calgary Airport as the eTA is electronically recorded against your passport.
How do I get to Calgary from the airport?
By taxi, the Calgary Airport is about 20min from downtown Calgary, and you can find the taxi stands directly outside the Arrivals Area. If you’d like to take public transport, you can find routes to Calgary in Bus Bays 32, 8, and 7. Route 300 is an express route to Calgary via Centre Street, or Route 100 can take you to the Westwinds Light Rail Transit Station (LRT).
Book Cheap Flights to Calgary(Return)
Look for other cheap flights to Calgary
- Flights »
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.