Find cheap flights to Canada
Book cheap flights to Canada(Return)
Pros: Nice crew, direct flight to LAX.
Cons: Philippines Airlines has two things it could improve on: one is the food, which is probably the worst of any airline I’ve flown on in recent years. But the thing that is most problematic is that it is not a member of any alliance. I live in Manila, but only for a year or two, so would be nice for those miles to be transferable. If PAL didn’t have the only direct flight from Manila to LAX, I would avoid the airline altogether for long international flights.
Pros: Crew was not very friendly.
Cons: Checking in for flight was not very good. Counter help was not well informed/trained.
Cons: The food (fish and rice) was tasteless.
Pros: Excellent experience and service. Appreciated the transfer process and shuttle service in Manila fromTerminal 2 to Terminal 1 to make the connection to NYC. Very smooth and efficient with a a 2 hour window to do all the security checks etc. Very good communications.
Cons: All very good except the VGML could be better and more creative.
Latest Canada Flight Deals
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Canada
- Looking for cheap airfare to Canada? 25% of our users found return tickets to Canada for the following prices or less: From Melbourne $1,513, from Brisbane $1,539, from Townsville $2,157
- Book at least 2 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be March, April and May. The cheapest month to fly to Canada is October.
- Canada is a unique nation with several cities. Some of the most popular destinations for tourists in Canada include Toronto, Quebec, Montreal, and the regions capital city, Ottawa. With several conveniently located airports, you will be able to fly to a hub nearby desired cities and tourist attractions.
- Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) is a great choice as it is situated 25min away from downtown Toronto. Other airports in Canada include the Montreal Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport (YUL), the Calgary International Airport (YYC), and the Ottawa McDonald-Cartier International Airport (YOW).
- If you are planning a Canadian getaway in which you will be exploring various tourism hot spots in the region, you will be able to book domestic flights to travel to Canadian cities. Vancouver International Airport (YVR) is one of the region’s busiest hubs, although, depending on your itinerary, you will be able to fly to an airport relatively close to your desired destination. Most of the main cities in Canada are home to an international airport, which means travelling to your preferred destination will be convenient.
- Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) is the main airport in Canada. Upon arrival, you will be able to enjoy the restaurants, a well-equipped gym, several shops, and even a spa facility. You will be able to travel to and from the airport with ease on the Union Pearson Train, which departs every 15min from the airport at Terminal 1.
- There are some direct flights from Australia to main airports in Canada, although, flights that stopover at other destinations are usually more affordable. As a direct flight from major cities in Australia will take roughly 20h, many travellers may prefer a stopover flight.
FAQs - booking Canada flights
How long is the flight to Canada?
The average direct flight from Australia to Canada takes 29h 28m, covering a distance of 14502 km. The most popular route is Sydney - Abbotsford with an average flight time of 31h 06m.
What is the cheapest flight to Canada?
The cheapest ticket to Canada from Australia found in the last 72 hours was $942. The most popular route is Sydney to Abbotsford and the cheapest airline ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was $1,425.
What are the most popular destinations in Canada?
Based on KAYAK flight searches, the most popular destination is Toronto (25% of total searches to Canada). The next most popular destinations are Vancouver (23%) and Abbotsford (13%). Searches for flights to Calgary (13%), Montreal (8%) and Regina (5%) are also popular.
Do I need a visa to travel to Canada?
Before you can depart on your flight to Canada, you will need a Canadian ETA (Electronic Travel Authorisation) visa that will allow you to enter the region for fewer than 90 days. This type of visa can be obtained online. You will also need a valid passport to gain entry to the region.
I’m travelling to Canada to visit Quebec City. Where should I fly to?
Quebec is one of the most popular destinations in Canada, and if you are hoping to visit the area, you should book your flight to arrive at the Quebec City Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB). The airport is situated just 13 km from Quebec City centre.
Which Canadian airport is closest to Niagara Falls?
If you are heading to Canada to experience the beauty of the famous Niagara Falls, it is recommended to arrive at the Toronto Pearson International Airport. This airport is situated 122 km from Niagara Falls, and is the closest airport to the tourist attraction.
Where should I fly to visit Victoria?
Victoria is home to various tours and beautiful castles, and as one of Canada’s many tourist attractions, you will be able to visit Victoria via the city’s main airport. Victoria International Airport (YYJ) is situated a short 20min drive from the Victoria city centre.
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool uses historical data to determine whether the price for a given destination and date is likely to change within 7 days, so travellers know whether to wait or book now.
Look for other cheap flights to Canada
- Flights »
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.