Find cheap flights to Cancún
Book Cheap Flights to Cancún(Return)
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Cancún
- Looking for cheap airfare to Cancún? 25% of our users found return tickets to Cancún for the following prices or less: From Sydney Kingsford Smith $1,194
- Book at least 1 week before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be September, October and November. The cheapest month to fly to Cancún is March.
- Most flights from major Australian cities to Cancun have at least two stops in between, but if you want a more direct flight to the Mexican city, consider booking with Virgin Australia. The airline offers regular flights to Cancun from Brisbane that only have one stopover.
- Cancun International Airport (CUN) has a large parking lot right at the entrance to the terminal building. The rate per hour is approximately 30–40 MXN (2.30–3.0 AUD) and a day pass costs about 215 MXN (17 AUD).
- Travellers arriving at Cancun International Airport will see that there are no restaurants situated in the Arrivals Hall; however, if you are very hungry, you can visit the many eateries located in the Departures Area, just a few minutes on the free shuttle that operates between the terminals.
- Cancun centre is only a 20min drive from the airport, but Cancun International Airport is also a good option if your destination is Playa del Carmen. By car, you can be in the coastal city in about 40min, driving alongside the scenic coastline.
- Assistance for all matters concerned is provided at the information desks at Cancun Airport. At International Terminals 2 and 3, you will find the information desks conveniently located in the centre of the terminal buildings.
- Travellers who want to continue their journey by car can benefit from the large car hire centre onsite that is open 24h. Their information and rental desks are spread over Terminals 2 and 3, and include major brands like Hertz, Avis, and National.
FAQs - booking Cancún flights
How long is the flight to Cancún?
What is the cheapest flight to Cancún?
The cheapest airline ticket to Cancún from Australia in the last 72 hours was $1,169 return on the route Melbourne to Cancún. The most popular route is Sydney to Cancún and the cheapest ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was $1,283 return.
How far is Cancún airport from central Cancún?
Cancún Airport is 14 kilometres from the centre of Cancún. View on map.
What is the name of Cancún’s airport?
Cancún is served by Cancun Airport, also commonly referred to as Cancun, Cancun Airport, Cancún Intl, Riviera Maya, or simply Cancún Airport. The airport code is CUN.
Are there any special visa requirements for travellers from Australia?
Flying from Australia to Cancun is a hassle-free undertaking for Australian passport holders, as no visa is required to enter Mexico. You can stay in Cancun as a tourist for up to 180 days, and the tourist card to fill out beforehand is available on the airport website for a faster entry into the country and less stress at the immigration point.
How can I get from Cancun International Airport to Cancun city by public transport?
The cheapest way to get from the airport to your final destination is by taking one of the many buses that depart from the terminal buildings to Cancun, Playa del Carmen, and other destinations. There is a bus stop in front of every terminal and a ticket to Cancun will cost approximately 5 MXN (0.40 AUD).
Does Cancun Airport house any hotels onsite?
Although there are no hotels inside the terminal areas, two hotels are very close to the airport and there are complimentary 24h shuttle services from the airport. Shuttle buses depart regularly in front of all terminals to the hotels, and if you need any help, address the airport staff at the information desks.
Does Cancun Airport have any lounges?
Cancun Airport features a business lounge at Terminal 3 and one at Terminal 2 that grants access to economy travellers as well. Passes are available at the door or by pre-booking. Travellers can enjoy a tranquil environment, kids’ area, and eating options, but note that the lounge is airside and only accessible for departing or transit passengers. Passes cost between 553–724 MXN (42–55 AUD) for 3h access.
Which is the best airline to fly with when travelling with children to Cancun?
All the major airlines flying to Cancun include a kids’ activity pack and can arrange special children’s menus. Qantas Airways features the Joey Club art programme on many flights where children can enjoy an interactive colouring game during international flights, as well as their own app for children’s activities.
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool uses historical data to determine whether the price for a given destination and date is likely to change within 7 days, so travellers know whether to wait or book now.
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.