Find cheap flights to Cancún
Good to know
|March||Best time to beat the crowds (4% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (14% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|$1,321||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Cancún
- Looking for cheap airfare to Cancún? 25% of our users found return tickets to Cancún for the following prices or less: From Melbourne $1,244, from Sydney Kingsford Smith $1,394, from Brisbane $1,478
- Book at least 1 week before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Cancún is August.
- Most flights from major Australian cities to Cancun have at least two stops in between, but if you want a more direct flight to the Mexican city, consider booking with Virgin Australia. The airline offers regular flights to Cancun from Brisbane that only have one stopover.
- Cancun International Airport (CUN) has a large parking lot right at the entrance to the terminal building. The rate per hour is approximately 30–40 MXN (2.30–3.0 AUD) and a day pass costs about 215 MXN (17 AUD).
- Travellers arriving at Cancun International Airport will see that there are no restaurants situated in the Arrivals Hall; however, if you are very hungry, you can visit the many eateries located in the Departures Area, just a few minutes on the free shuttle that operates between the terminals.
- Cancun centre is only a 20min drive from the airport, but Cancun International Airport is also a good option if your destination is Playa del Carmen. By car, you can be in the coastal city in about 40min, driving alongside the scenic coastline.
- Assistance for all matters concerned is provided at the information desks at Cancun Airport. At International Terminals 2 and 3, you will find the information desks conveniently located in the centre of the terminal buildings.
- Travellers who want to continue their journey by car can benefit from the large car hire centre onsite that is open 24h. Their information and rental desks are spread over Terminals 2 and 3, and include major brands like Hertz, Avis, and National.
FAQs - booking Cancún flights
What is the cheapest flight to Cancún?
How far is Cancún airport from central Cancún?
What is the name of Cancún’s airport?
Are there any special visa requirements for travellers from Australia?
How can I get from Cancun International Airport to Cancun city by public transport?
Does Cancun Airport house any hotels onsite?
Does Cancun Airport have any lounges?
Which is the best airline to fly with when travelling with children to Cancun?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 4 airlines flying to Cancun
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Flights to Cancún (Return)
Book Cheap Flights to Cancún (One-way)
Look for other cheap flights to Cancún
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.