Find cheap flights to Cape Town
Good to know
|November||Best time to beat the crowds (3% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (6% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|$1,096||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Cape Town
- Looking for cheap airfare to Cape Town? 25% of our users found return tickets to Cape Town for the following prices or less: From Sydney Kingsford Smith $1,242, from Melbourne $1,258, from Perth $1,342
- Book at least 4 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Cape Town is November.
- Various airlines flying to Cape Town start from different Australian cities, including Perth, Melbourne, Sydney, and Adelaide. However, if you want to fly with only one stop on the way, consider Qatar Airways or Emirates airlines for a more direct route.
- Cape Town International Airport (CPT) not only puts you within a convenient driving distance from the South African capital, it's also only 40min by car from the university town of Stellenbosch. Additionally, the airport is also situated only 25min drive from the Wolfgat Nature Reserve and False Bay in the south.
- When you arrive in Cape Town hungry and in need of good fix, head to the third floor where one of the largest Spur restaurants of the African Continent is located. The South African steakhouse overlooks the airside of the terminal, allowing you to watch planes take off and land while eating.
- If you need additional information on bus departures, sleeping options, or anything else, head to the Information Desk that is located in Domestic Arrivals on the ground floor of the airport. Although many shops and the security check-in close in the evening, the information desk is available 24/7.
- There are ample parking spaces available at the airport, both long- and short-term. Fares are approximately 150 Rand (A$ 15) per 24h. Valet parking services are also offered for your convenience.
- Regardless of which terminal you arrive at, your baby can be taken care of. Baby-changing facilities are located in almost every women’s washroom of the Domestic and International Terminal.
FAQs - booking Cape Town flights
What is the cheapest flight to Cape Town?
How far is Cape Town airport from central Cape Town?
What is the name of Cape Town’s airport?
What public transport options can bring me to Cape Town centre?
Does Cape Town Airport have anything in store for children?
Does the Cape Town International Airport feature an onsite hotel?
What is the best route to take when driving into Cape Town from the airport?
Where can I find the rental car centre at Cape Town Airport?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to Cape Town Intl
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Flights to Cape Town (Return)
Book Cheap Flights to Cape Town (One-way)
Look for other cheap flights to Cape Town
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.