Find cheap flights to Düsseldorf
Book Cheap Flights to Düsseldorf(Return)
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(price for this month)
or less for a return flight within
of your travel date is a good deal
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Düsseldorf
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, February and December. The cheapest month to fly to Düsseldorf is October.
- Düsseldorf International Airport (DUS) comprises three terminals: A, B, and C, which are all connected by a central walkway. The terminals can be reached via the SkyTrain, an intra-airport railway station which also connects to the long-term parking areas (P4 and P5). Terminal A services all German airlines such as Lufthansa and Germanwings, Terminal B services domestic flights and flights within the EU, and Terminal C services long-haul international flights and flights to and from non-Schengen countries.
- Are you on a business trip and need to get some work done in-between flights? For a fee, you can access the Düsseldorf Airport Workspace, where you’ll have access to unlimited self-service coffee, powerful Wi-Fi, the use of a laser printer, and a 230V main supply to charge your laptop or phone. Depending on your needs, there are open-plan work desks, plug-in workstations, and think tank rooms available, as well as conference rooms. Alternatively, if you just need to check a few emails on the go, there is also free Wi-Fi available to all passengers throughout the airport.
- If you are on a red-eye flight, there are a few 24h eateries including Bistrot Airport Düsseldorf and B2B Bar & Bistro, both café-style eateries which serve light meals. Or there’s always McDonald’s if you’re in the mood for fast food.
- If you bit into something hard on your flight to Düsseldorf and need a dentist urgently, you’re in luck, there is an on-site dentist located at the airport. Pluszahnärzte® is located in Terminal B on the 1st-floor office gallery and is open from Monday to Friday 7:00-00:00 and on weekends and public holidays for emergencies.
- If you suffer from a fear of flying, Düsseldorf Airport offers help and counseling through the Pastoral Care Service. An on-site psychologist offers seminars in the VIP Lounge to help overcome this debilitating fear.
- If you’re feeling tense after a long flight, you can utilize the dedicated meditation room located on level 3. This non-secular room is a great place to relax and rewind after a long flight to Düsseldorf.
FAQs - booking Düsseldorf flights
How long is the flight to Düsseldorf?
What is the cheapest flight to Düsseldorf?
The cheapest airline ticket to Düsseldorf from Australia in the last 72 hours was $1,704 return on the route Canberra to Düsseldorf. The most popular route is Melbourne to Düsseldorf and the cheapest ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was $1,787 return.
How far is Düsseldorf airport from central Düsseldorf?
Düsseldorf Airport is 6 kilometres from the centre of Düsseldorf. View on map.
What is the name of Düsseldorf’s airport?
Düsseldorf is served by Duesseldorf Intl Airport, also commonly referred to as Duesseldorf Intl, Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Intl, or simply Düsseldorf Airport. The airport code is DUS.
How far is Düsseldorf International Airport from central Düsseldorf?
Central Düsseldorf is about 8 km from Düsseldorf International Airport and takes about 12min to reach from the airport, via taxi or motor car.
Are there any on-site airport hotels in Düsseldorf Airport?
There are two on-site airport hotels: Sheraton Düsseldorf Airport Hotel, which is a 3min walk from the Arrivals Terminal and is located on the roof of the P3 parking garage, and Maritim Hotel, which is connected to Terminal C via a walkway bridge. Both hotels have day rooms available.
What are the transport options to and from Düsseldorf Airport?
Transport options between Düsseldorf Airport and the city centre include bus, taxi, train, and metro. The bus station is located in front of the Arrivals Terminal. Bus 721 will take you to Düsseldorf central station and bus SB51 will take you to Düsseldorf-Nordfriedhof. Taxis also leave in front of the Arrivals Terminal. All official taxis are cream-coloured and fares start at about € 20 (A$ 32.50) to the city centre. The main operators include Taxi-Düsseldorf and Rhein-Taxi. Düsseldorf’s public transport railway links the airport to Düsseldorf Hauptbahnhof (Central Station) in about 10min, whereas the SkyTrain will get you to the railway station in about 6min. The S11 S-Bahn metro train will get you to Düsseldorf Hauptbahnhof in about 30min and leaves directly from the airport complex.
Are airport lounges available to everyone at Düsseldorf Airport?
Economy class passengers are able to enter the airport lounges—namely the Hugo Junkers Lounge located in Terminal B, Level 2, Gate B, or the Open Sky Lounge located in Terminal C, Upper Level, near gates C36. Both lounges can be accessed via a fee at the door, or via lounge membership programs. However, the Hugo Junkers Lounge also accessible via prepaid lounge passes.
Where can I find the car hire area in Düsseldorf Airport?
Düsseldorf Airport houses numerous rental car companies. The car hire centre can be located near the Arrivals Terminal, via the A44 highway.
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool uses historical data to determine whether the price for a given destination and date is likely to change within 7 days, so travellers know whether to wait or book now.
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.