Find cheap flights to Ho Chi Minh City
Good to know
|October||Best time to beat the crowds (4% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (12% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|$550||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Ho Chi Minh City
- Looking for cheap airfare to Ho Chi Minh City? 25% of our users found return tickets to Ho Chi Minh City for the following prices or less: From Perth $432, from Melbourne $527, from Sydney Kingsford Smith $556
- Book at least 4 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Ho Chi Minh City is May.
- When booking your flights to Ho Chi Minh City, you will fly into Tan Son Nhat International Airport. This airport has two terminals – domestic and international – and is the hub of tourism for South Vietnam. You can find a number of budget airlines that fly the route from numerous spots around Australia, including Jetstar and Scoot.
- If you’re looking for shopping options at Ho Chi Minh City Airport you will find stores are limited, however you will be able to do some duty-free shopping. There is also a souvenir shop on the second floor, selling Vietnamese handicrafts and snacks for any last minute gift ideas.
- For those in the airport on transit, there are a number of pay-to-enter passenger lounges throughout the airport. Here you can enjoy unlimited food and drink, Wi-Fi, TV and even shower facilities. You can find the Le Saigonnais lounge in the Domestic Terminal near Gate 14, or the Apricot Lounge in the International Terminal on the second floor near Gate 9.
- Once you are ready to leave the airport after your flight to Ho Chi Minh City, the most affordable option is to take the airport bus service #152. This service passes by the major hotel area along De Tham Street and Dong Khoi Street.
- If you’d prefer a private car to travel through Saigon, you could hire a car or a motorcycle taxi. However, be careful when picking which one to take, as you may find yourself negotiating prices. It is best to select a taxi from the taxi ranks outside the airport. If you are looking to hire a car, note that international drivers are not allowed to drive through Ho Chi Minh City, but you can hire a private car and driver for the duration of your stay.
FAQs - booking Ho Chi Minh City flights
How long is the flight to Ho Chi Minh City?
What is the cheapest flight to Ho Chi Minh City?
Which airlines fly to Ho Chi Minh City?
How far is Ho Chi Minh City airport from central Ho Chi Minh City?
What is the name of Ho Chi Minh City’s airport?
What are the hotel options near Ho Chi Minh City Airport?
Are there any complimentary shower facilities at Ho Chi Minh City Airport?
What are the dining options at Ho Chi Minh City Airport?
Where can I rest at Ho Chi Minh City Airport?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to Ho Chi Minh City
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Flights to Ho Chi Minh City (Return)
Book Cheap Flights to Ho Chi Minh City (One-way)
Look for other cheap flights to Ho Chi Minh City
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.