Find cheap flights to Istanbul Ataturk Airport
Good to know
|May||Best time to beat the crowds (4% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (14% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|$919||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Istanbul Ataturk Airport
- Looking for cheap airfare to Istanbul Ataturk Airport? 25% of our users found return tickets to Istanbul Ataturk Airport for the following prices or less: From Brisbane $957, from Canberra $1,015, from Melbourne $1,016
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Istanbul Ataturk Airport is February.
- There is currently one main airport that serves the European side of Istanbul: Istanbul Ataturk Airport is located 24km from the centre of the city and is the hub for Turkish Airlines.
- Business class passengers on Turkish Airlines with a layover after flights to Istanbul might want to think about checking into the Turkish Airlines Lounge at Ataturk Airport to get some peace and quiet. Business and first class passengers with Star Alliance membership can also use the lounge. Here you can take advantage of facilities such as showers, children’s play areas and a cinema, as well as drinks and a food buffet. There is also a prayer room for those who would like to reflect in peace.
- If you need to do some last minute souvenir shopping at Ataturk Airport, the Old Bazaar, with its typically Turkish ambience, has a wide range of gifts, souvenirs, sweet treats such as Turkish delight, traditional silverware and jewellery, as well as other local foodstuffs including spices and regional olive oil.
- For travellers on flights to Istanbul who are hungry there are a number of restaurants at Ataturk Airport such as Restro, Eat & Fly, which is located in the departures terminal before security. This restaurant offers Turkish meze – but if you don’t want that option, there is also a Chinese stir-fry. Alternatively, if you are desperate for something you recognize, a coffee fix can be found in the Starbucks located in the international departures terminal.
- Those travelling on flights to Istanbul with babies and children will be happy to hear that both terminals of Ataturk Airport provide nursing and baby changing facilities as well as play areas for slightly older children.
FAQs - booking Istanbul Ataturk Airport flights
What is the cheapest flight to Istanbul Ataturk Airport?
How far is Istanbul Ataturk Airport airport from central Istanbul?
Are there on-site hotels at Ataturk Airport?
Which airline has the fewest stops on flights to Istanbul?
Does Ataturk Airport have free Wi-Fi access?
What is the safest way to get from Ataturk Airport to Istanbul centre?
How does KAYAK find such low prices on flights to Istanbul Ataturk Airport?
How does KAYAK's flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy my flight ticket to Istanbul Ataturk Airport?
What is the Hacker Fare option on flights to Istanbul Ataturk Airport?
What is KAYAK's "flexible dates" feature and why should I care when looking for a flight to Istanbul Ataturk Airport?
Top 5 airlines flying to Istanbul
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Flights to Istanbul Ataturk Airport
Recent return flight deals
Search by stops
Recent one-way flight deals
Search by stops
Look for other cheap flights to Istanbul Ataturk Airport
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.