Find cheap flights to South Korea
Good to know
|July||Best time to beat the crowds (5% less expensive on average)|
|February||Most popular time to fly (18% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|$676||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to South Korea
- Looking for cheap airfare to South Korea? 25% of our users found return tickets to South Korea for the following prices or less: From Perth $683, from Melbourne $754, from Brisbane $783
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to South Korea is May.
- South Korea has two major international hubs—Seoul in the north of the country and Busan towards the south. Most flights from Australia to South Korea will first stopover in China, however, Jetstar and Jeju Air offer direct flights from the Gold Coast to Seoul.
- Seoul has two international airports. The major airport is Incheon International Airport (ICN), located approximately 1.5h from downtown Seoul on a man-made island outside of Incheon. The smaller Gimpo International Airport (GMP) is just across the Han River, about 45min from Seoul.
- Since Incheon Airport handles the majority of international flights, if you plan to continue your travels around South Korea from Seoul, opt for Gimpo International Airport. It is easier to reach from the city centre and offers many domestic flights, for example to Jeju Island, Gwangju, Daegu, and Gimhae.
- Served by the Gimhae International Airport (PUS), Busan is a good option to fly into for those exploring the south of South Korea. However, you can reach Busan from Seoul within 3h by train, giving you plenty of choices.
- Those interested in visiting the tea-growing region of Boseong have a couple of options. You can fly into Busan and catch a train to Boseong-gun Station which will take about 3h. Alternatively, you can fly to Gwangju from Busan or Seoul and take a bus to Boseong. The bus from there will take about 1h 30min.
FAQs - booking South Korea flights
Which airlines have a flexible cancellation policy for flights from Australia to South Korea due to COVID-19?
How long is the flight to South Korea?
What is the cheapest flight to South Korea?
Which airlines fly to South Korea?
What are the most popular destinations in South Korea?
Do I need a visa to visit South Korea?
Where should I fly into to visit the Bulguksa Temple?
Where should I stay to visit the DMZ?
How do I get to Jeju Island?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to South Korea
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Flights to South Korea
Recent return flight deals
Search by stops
Recent one-way flight deals
Search by stops
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.