MEL - OOL
Find cheap flights from Melbourne to Coolangatta
Book cheap flights from Melbourne to Coolangatta (return)
Cons: Airline lost our bags on way to Australia so we had to buy extra clothing and personal items while here. Then airline charges us $65 because our bags are overweight with the things we had to buy because of lost bags.
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
When to book flights from Melbourne to Coolangatta
Top tips for finding a cheap flight
- Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for $188 or less.
- The cheapest flight from Melbourne to Coolangatta was found, on average, 71 days before departure.
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be March, April and May. The cheapest month to fly is February.
- Morning departure is around 25% cheaper than an evening flight, on average*.
*Average of the lowest prices shown in KAYAK’s search results for departures within the next 30 days
- Flights from Melbourne to Bilinga are generally affordable and easy, with JetStar and Virgin Australia offering frequent flights between the two cities. Flights to Bilinga touch down at Gold Coast Airport, which serves Bilinga and the surrounding communities. Gold Coast Airport is located within Bilinga, and most of the area’s major tourist destinations are within 3 miles.
- Getting around the Bilinga and Gold Coast areas from Gold Coast Airport will vary by method based on where it is that you’re going. A transport method that can get you almost anywhere for a low fare is the SkyBus. SkyBus departs from Gold Coast Airport and goes to all of the area’s prominent beaches and hotel zones. Fares start at approximately $17.50 one-way.
- Bilinga public transport is also available via the TransLink Surfside Buses. These buses depart directly from Gold Coast Airport and can take you to different locations throughout Bilinga and the surrounding areas like Kingscliff and Tweed Heads. Fares for the Surfside Bus start at around $2.40 for a single adult ticket.
- Looking for a quick snack before your journey? There are several different airport restaurants to choose from in Melbourne Airport. Whether you’re keen to sip a coffee or ready for a full Japanese meal, there’s a dining option for you. Melbourne Airport’s restaurants are located throughout, so you’ll always be near a dining option should you need it.
- Parking at Melbourne Airport can range widely in price, with everything from budget to short-stay and valet options available. The most economic choice is long-stay, with per-day prices starting at approximately $40. These car parks are located the furthest from the airport, and they’re served by a free shuttle that runs every 5 minutes.
FAQs for booking Melbourne to Coolangatta flights
Melbourne - Coolangatta Flights
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.