MEL - OOL
Find cheap flights from Melbourne to Coolangatta
Good to know
|February||Best time to beat the crowds (17% less expensive on average)|
|April||Most popular time to fly (15% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|$173||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
When to book flights from Melbourne to Coolangatta
Top tips for finding a cheap flight
- Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for $173 or less.
- The cheapest flight from Melbourne to Coolangatta was found, on average, 69 days before departure.
- Book at least 4 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be March, April and May. The cheapest month to fly is February.
- Morning departure is around 52% cheaper than an evening flight, on average*.
- Flights from Melbourne to Bilinga are generally affordable and easy, with JetStar and Virgin Australia offering frequent flights between the two cities. Flights to Bilinga touch down at Gold Coast Airport, which serves Bilinga and the surrounding communities. Gold Coast Airport is located within Bilinga, and most of the area’s major tourist destinations are within 3 miles.
- Getting around the Bilinga and Gold Coast areas from Gold Coast Airport will vary by method based on where it is that you’re going. A transport method that can get you almost anywhere for a low fare is the SkyBus. SkyBus departs from Gold Coast Airport and goes to all of the area’s prominent beaches and hotel zones. Fares start at approximately $17.50 one-way.
- Bilinga public transport is also available via the TransLink Surfside Buses. These buses depart directly from Gold Coast Airport and can take you to different locations throughout Bilinga and the surrounding areas like Kingscliff and Tweed Heads. Fares for the Surfside Bus start at around $2.40 for a single adult ticket.
- Looking for a quick snack before your journey? There are several different airport restaurants to choose from in Melbourne Airport. Whether you’re keen to sip a coffee or ready for a full Japanese meal, there’s a dining option for you. Melbourne Airport’s restaurants are located throughout, so you’ll always be near a dining option should you need it.
- Parking at Melbourne Airport can range widely in price, with everything from budget to short-stay and valet options available. The most economic choice is long-stay, with per-day prices starting at approximately $40. These car parks are located the furthest from the airport, and they’re served by a free shuttle that runs every 5 minutes.
FAQs for booking Melbourne to Coolangatta flights
How long does a flight from Melbourne to Coolangatta take?
How many flights are there between Melbourne and Coolangatta?
Which airlines provide the cheapest flights from Melbourne to Coolangatta?
Which airlines fly most frequently between Melbourne and Coolangatta?
What’s the cheapest day of the week to fly from Melbourne to Coolangatta?
Which airports will I be using when flying from Melbourne to Coolangatta?
Can I rent a car from Gold Coast Airport?
Does Gold Coast Airport have any non-member lounge areas?
Does Gold Coast Airport have free WiFi?
Does Gold Coast Airport have an onsite hotel?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 3 airlines serving Melbourne to Coolangatta Gold Coast
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights from Melbourne to Coolangatta (return)
Book cheap flights from Melbourne to Coolangatta (one-way)
Melbourne - Coolangatta Flights
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.